🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with client.
Page options
hemel29
Community Member

Problem with client.

He told me to make a video. i did and he loved the work and told me he will Pay me $10 for this. then he told about 3 hour photo editing job and he will pay $7 per hour. the job was two round. by this time he paused the Time tracking. but still, i trusted him and i worked for him. after submitting work he told me that client likes the work. and then around one month he doesn't back to me. I Message him Many times about Time tracking, contract, payment, feedback, etc. sometimes he responded with "YES" "NO" type of short answer. after one month he back with a another project. and i aked him about previous work. he refused me. he behave like he don't know me, i didn't produre any work for him and i'm wasing his time! then i sent him the work and work history. He present a issue about delivery time, he treat me like: just now i submitting the work. but all the work i complete withing 12 hours after requesting his offer. then i had to prove it with doing lot's of thing. messege, work history, link, screenshot. etc. and finally he told me that my work isn't useful. he will pay half of amount and leave me a poor feedback about work quality and communication skills! and i told "If you can't respect my work? i will not take the money and feedback" and i told him to end the contract.
he told that he will do it monday. then again he Disappear. sometime he react like a gentle man (when he needs work to do). but sometime he react like a sick man. he behave aggressively.

but, still i request him please end the contract. he didn't. i don't know why? he refused to do it.

**Edited for community guidelines**

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Imram,

It sounds like you've unfortunately been scammed by a bad client.

At this point it may be best, as Petra suggested, to-

1. End your contract yourself (forget about feedback)

2. Eat your losses

3. Learn a valuable lesson and move forward positively with that knowledge.

Best of luck in your future.

Work smart, work safe!

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Imran Hossain Heme M wrote:

but, still i request him please end the contract. he didn't. i don't know why? he refused to do it.

Why in the world would you want the client to end the contract?

End it yourself and hope he won't leave feedback.

It is sheer madness to try and force a client who is clearly not your greatest fan to close the contract because that way the client will be forced to leave feedback and you really, REALLY don't want that particular client to leave feedback.

lysis10
Community Member

haha I love when we get to see the messages. That's def some bad feedback on his profile. Not smart.

hemel29
Community Member

Posting Message screenshot. is it against the community guidelines?

hemel29
Community Member

i have a fear. i trust him and i worked for him. then he fraud with me. he told that he will pay and leave me a bad feedback. i Scared about bad feedback.

petra_r
Community Member

i have a fear. i trust him and i worked for him. then he fraud with me. he told that he will pay and leave me a bad feedback. i Scared about bad feedback.

So why ask him to end the contract which means he *MUST* leave feedback.

If you end the contract, he may NOT leave feedback - if he is refusing point blank to close the contract chances are he doesn't WANT to leave feedback.

Just close the contract and move on.

He may leave feedback, but may not, so you have a better chance of getting away with it.

If the client does end the contract, he will and MUST leave feedback and of course, that feedback will not be good, so it is much better you end the contract and stop harassing that client and making him angrier and angrier.

Imram,

It sounds like you've unfortunately been scammed by a bad client.

At this point it may be best, as Petra suggested, to-

1. End your contract yourself (forget about feedback)

2. Eat your losses

3. Learn a valuable lesson and move forward positively with that knowledge.

Best of luck in your future.

Work smart, work safe!

martina_plaschka
Community Member

He told me to make a video. i did and he loved the work and told me he will Pay me $10 for this. then he told about 3 hour photo editing job and he will pay $7 per hour. the job was two round. by this time he paused the Time tracking. but still, i trusted him and i worked for him. after submitting work he told me that client likes the work. and then around one month he doesn't back to me. I Message him Many times about Time tracking, contract, payment, feedback, etc. sometimes he responded with "YES" "NO" type of short answer. after one month he back with a another project. and i aked him about previous work. he refused me. he behave like he don't know me, i didn't produre any work for him and i'm wasing his time! then i sent him the work and work history. He present a issue about delivery time, he treat me like: just now i submitting the work. but all the work i complete withing 12 hours after requesting his offer. then i had to prove it with doing lot's of thing. messege, work history, link, screenshot. etc. and finally he told me that my work isn't useful. he will pay half of amount and leave me a poor feedback about work quality and communication skills! and i told "If you can't respect my work? i will not take the money and feedback" and i told him to end the contract.
he told that he will do it monday. then again he Disappear. sometime he react like a gentle man (when he needs work to do). but sometime he react like a sick man. he behave aggressively.

**Edited for community guidelines**

It is perfectly fine to trust a client. As working through the internet with complete strangers is always a risk for both sides, upwork has many provisions in place to facilitate trust. Not using those to stay safe and get paid is not trusting a client, it is naivite, and at worst, just plain stupid. 

kat303
Community Member

Was this 1st job, making a video, a fixed rate job? If it was the CORRECT way would have been to have the client FULLY deposit the agreed amount into escrow. When finished you should have clicked on the Submit Work/Release payment button. The client would then either released the funds, ask for revisions, or do noting. In that case all funds in escrow would be released to you in 14 days.

For the 2nd job. Photo editing, Since you stated that tracker was paused, I'll assume that you were using tracker which would have been recording your time. If you followed the correct procedures of an hourly job, then you will get paid for the time you worked up until the contract was paused. The client will be billed and if something goes wrong with his account, then Upwork will pay you. 

You shouldn't trust strangers on the internet who you just met especially when money is involved. Upwork has systems to help you with financial matters.

If you're not sure how to use this site correctly please visit the help section and read the information in the 9 links.

Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths