cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with client

orsolyajanossy
Orsolya J Member Since: Jan 26, 2017
1 of 3

I have been working with a client for two months now. I did it because I needed money, but already from the begining I knew this client would be a mess. I had to explain everything to her, she changed her mind about what she wanted everyday. Anyway, the last milestone she needed a techpack which I made and she hasnt replied to my messages since one month back. Today she writes me and tells me she isnt happy with my work and that she expected more.

I have been working within the industry for more than 15 years, I have a bachelor and master degree in the same field and I am even becoming a teacher for a master degree in the 15th ranked world best fashion school next year. I have been working with Formula 1 teams and other important companies. I have 98% Success rate on Upwork and had over 25 jobs with majority 5-star references (one is 4.65 and other is 4.75, all other is 5). I dont believe this has anything to do with me but her personal problem. How can I solve this issue? How can I get paid on the last milestone? How can I not have her feedback me.

I am leaving for maternity and she is my last project before I go so I dont want to end this with a bad reference. Also my profile is not public anymore. Please help me out.

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 3

What is there to "solve"?

Not every client-freelancer pairing is successful. No matter who you are. No matter how good you are at what you do.

When you first started working for this client, you knew this was going to be a mess. Now you know that you were right.

How can you get paid for the last milestone?

Submit the work using the "Submit work / request $" button. If the client doesn't ask for any changes, you will get paid all the money funded for the milestone. Period. That's how it works. It doesn't matter if the client is "disappointed."

How can you not get feedback?

After you get paid, close the contract yourself.

Don't say anything about this to the client. Don't ask her to leave you feèdback. If she doesn't notice the message from Upwork about the contract being closed and if she doesn't do anything, then after two weeks the feedback-leaving opportunity will be passed and there will be no client feedback for this contract.

vladag
Community Manager
Vladimir G Community Manager Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
3 of 3

Hi Orsolya,

I'm sorry to hear about the problem which arose on your contract. Please note that if a final Milestone is funded and you submitted the work agreed for it, you can submit it from the contract details page, thus sending a payment request to your client. You can communicate with your client and try to resolve the issue amicably. Issuing a full refund will remove the public feedback your client might leave but their private feedback will still be included in your score's calculation. Note that you can respond to a feedback you receive and share your side of the story.

Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS