🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with contract
Page options
utjesinovicv
Community Member

Problem with contract

10 days ago I got an hourly contract with a client for vide editing. I worked 5 hours a day and the client had no objections, on the contrary, he was very satisfied with the work. Yesterday I received a message from Upwork that this contract is on hold. After that, I addressed the client and asked him what was wrong with the contract. After that, without notice, the client will terminate the contract. I guess there is a problem with the client. I am interested in what will happen to my money that I earned in this contract and how can I report clients so that other freelancers would not have this kind of problem? I'm also interested in how I can protect my rating from this irresponsible client, because I don't want this scammer, if he does, to lower my rating on Upwork. Because there is no reason for that.
7 REPLIES 7
petra_r
Community Member

Vladimir U wrote:

10 days ago I got an hourly contract with a client for vide editing. I worked 5 hours a day and the client had no objections, on the contrary, he was very satisfied with the work. Yesterday I received a message from Upwork that this contract is on hold. After that, I addressed the client and asked him what was wrong with the contract. After that, without notice, the client will terminate the contract. I guess there is a problem with the client. I am interested in what will happen to my money 

Hourly contract or fixed rate?

Hourly = Did you use the tracker correctly?

Fixed rate = Have you submitted the work through the contract?

Vladimir U wrote:
 how can I report clients so that other freelancers would not have this kind of problem?

The client is already suspended

If it is the contract I think it is, it's an hourly contract. If you have used the tracker with proper memos and activity levels, then you would have limited protection even if the client failed to pay for your hours.

The limitation would be that Upwork would not pay you at a rate that is significantly above your profile rate. In this case your profile rate is $ 20 an hour and the contract is at $ 35 an hour. 

The client looks decidedly dodgy...

Thank you for quick answer.

It is an hourly contract. I used the tracker regularly and described what I was working on at the time. It is an hourly contract. I used the tracker regularly and described what I was working on at the time.

Initially, the hourly rate was $ 25, after which the client voluntarily raised for another $ 10.

Vladimir U wrote:
Initially, the hourly rate was $ 25, after which the client voluntarily raised for another $ 10.

That would have been the first red flag. Clients don't do that if they intend to genuinely pay...  If you used the tracker correctly, you'll still get paid, but likely at $ 20 an hour, not $ 35.

Upwork's hourly protection limits the cover to your usual rate previously charged, your profile rate or the market rate, whichever the decide is applicable.

Okay. Thanks.

When can I expect the problem to be solved - when can I expect money?

Vladimir U wrote:
Okay. Thanks.

When can I expect the problem to be solved - when can I expect money?

Work done  last week= next Wednesday

Work done this week= the Wednesday after

Thank you Petra. You are awesome.
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members