cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with email change

Highlighted
Nenad R Member Since: Mar 15, 2018
1 of 9

I had an old account but I wasn't satisfied with my English grade so I created a new one, then I saw that Paypal and user email must be the same so I can add Paypal as payment option, I closed my old account and when I tried to change the mail on my new one it says This email is already in use, but I cant log into the old account anymore since its deleted
How can I solve this?

Highlighted
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
2 of 9

Hello Nenad,

Unfortunately, you can't use the email address you used on your old account. Additionally, you can hide your skills that you don't want to be displayed in your profile. Please also note that you are not allowed to have multipile accounts here on Upwork. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
3 of 9

i`m not using multiple accounts i closed the old one but i want to add paypal to this account a s payment option

the paypal mail must be the same as the user mail according to upwork, and my paypal mail is the same as the mail on the account that i closed

Highlighted
Community Guru
4 of 9

Hello Nenad,

Do you want to re-open your closed account and close this account instead? If you do, can you please send me a PM of your closed account's email address or username so I can assist you? Thanks!

Untitled
Highlighted
5 of 9

I have an open contract on this account now, I cant close this account,there is no way of adding the paypal mail to this account now?

Highlighted
Community Guru
6 of 9

Hello Nenad,

Unfortunately, you can't use that paypal to your new account. As stated here, you must confirm your Upwork and PayPal accounts use the same email address. Thank you.

Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Dragan C Member Since: Mar 13, 2017
7 of 9

Aply for a Payoneer card and use it as a payment option.

Highlighted
Usama K Member Since: Mar 3, 2019
8 of 9

I need Help with reopening my account. I deleted it because I signed up for it using my personal account the first time but then later changed it to my professional one in my contact info but I still recieved the profile approval update on the email account that I used to sign-up. So I deleted it and tried to sign up again with my professional email but it doesn't work. I get an unknown error while signing up. Now I have made a dummy account using my personal mail to get help.

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
9 of 9

Hi Usama, 

I sent you a PM, thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS