Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with messages?

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
Monique L Member Since: Sep 23, 2017
1 of 6

Is anyone else experiencing problems with Upwork messaging?

I've received a few notifications to my inbox that I have messages from clients, but when I go to the messages inbox, they are not there. On the top tab I have the little red box with the number of messages, but I can't access them. I've tried going out and back in again, refreshing etc but still the same. 

Highlighted
Community Guru
Lila G Member Since: Dec 4, 2017
2 of 6

I had this problem once. Reach directly to upwork help center so they can manually fix this on your end.

Lila
Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
3 of 6

Hi Monique, 

I was able to access your messages without issues. Is there any specific error that appears on your page when you try to access the Messages page

I would also like to double check if you have tried clearing your cache and cookies, or have tried using a different browser to see if the issue persists? 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Ace Contributor
4 of 6

Hi Avery,

Thanks for taking a look. Sorry I probably didn't word my original message correctly. I can get into my messages fine, and I can view messages as normal. But I received a few email notifications that there were messages, but when I go to the message inbox they are not showing. Actually one did show that wasn't there before, but there is still messages from one client not showing there and there is the red box with 5 appearing on the top tab.  The client who has messaged (according to my email notification) sent 5 messages so that's right, but the last message in the inbox is from 12 days ago.

I've cleared cookies and restarted etc so seems very odd! 

Maybe easier if I private message you the name of the client and a screen shot if that helps?

Thanks

Highlighted
Ace Contributor
5 of 6

Quick update, after going down and finding this client's name, I've clicked on her messages and today's messages are showing, but she hasn't moved up to the top of the inbox and still showing as last message 12 days ago. I'm guessing it's just a small glitch as haven't experienced that before. 

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 6

I was able to identify the client you're referring to Monique. But you can also send me screenshots for additional reference once I file a report for this. 

Have you tried accessing the link I posted on my previous reply? 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS