cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with my client

hazel_sapare
Hazel S Member Since: May 19, 2016
1 of 6

Hi, i have a problem with one of my client. He interviewed and hired me on August 13 and i started to work with him on the same date. while i'm working ( order processing), i informed him that there is a problem in his credit card and he told me to stop working he will take care his account first and he will let me know when will i work with him. but its been 3 weeks now he didnt give me a message. I already sent him a message twice but he didnt respond. What will i do? is it ok to end his contract or wait his message? 

abdulwrites
Abdullahi S Member Since: Sep 3, 2016
2 of 6

Hi Hazel,

I'm not an expert, but I believe my opinion or suggestion will be equal to that of many freelancers too.

First, you're not responsible for the incomplete job, he did. He failed to solve the issues concerning his account.

I'll advise you to keep an eye on him and as he said, whenever he's able to sort out his card details, you can continue with the work.

Don't terminate the contract by yourself, you should probably report this to the Upwork support service.

Best wishes!

prestonhunter
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 6

Technically, Upwork informs clients when there is a problem with their credit card. Contractors do not do this.

Upwork informs contractors that there is a problem with client's account and that the contract is temporarily suspended or on hold. Perhaps you received such a message, and passed the information along, assuming that there was a problem with the client's credit card (almost certainly a correct assumption).

Putting all that aside...

There is not much for you to worry about here, nor is there much that you can do.

The client knows you are not currently doing any work on his behalf. The client knows that this is because there is a problem with his payment method.

It is not really hurting you to have that client's contract suspended for now. If this goes on for a few more weeks, you could ask the client to close the contract if he has no more work for you. Or you could even close the contract yourself.

But it has not been that long. For now, I suggest waiting. Let the cient take the initiative. Don't send him any messages.

hazel_sapare
4 of 6
Hi Mr. Preston, thank you for giving me an advise. i really appreciate it. The credit card that I'm referring to is the one that he is using for online shop. My work is to process all the orders from shopify to the other online stores. at that time i cant process all the orders because his credit card has a problem that's why i informed him about it. Yesterday, I checked his online shop and i noticed that all his orders are already fulfilled and updated, it means that he already fixed the problem about his account and he didnt informed me if i will work with him or not. i dont know if he has a new employee to process all his orders in his store. but the thing is, he should respond to my message. I also informed my situation to Upwork CSR and they advised me also to wait. I will follow your advise. Thank you so much for your time. Have a great day!
hazel_sapare
5 of 6

Hi, Mr. Abdullahi! thank you so much! I will do that. Upwork CSR also advised me not to terminate the contract they told me to wait for his response. they said also if the contract is not active for 90 days then that's the time that I can terminate it. Thank you so much for giving me an advice. Have a great Day!

Best Wishes!

abdulwrites
Abdullahi S Member Since: Sep 3, 2016
6 of 6

Hi Hazel,

I'm glad that you found my reply useful.

Wish you all the best!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS