🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with my client.
Page options
levon-uzunyan
Community Member

Problem with my client.

Hi, I have a problem with a client and I need your advice. I worked with a client who, as it turned out, did not know English. It was impossible to communicate with him because he did not understand me. He could not answer questions regarding the project. It was necessary to edit the video file. He sent me a script. I did everything as it was in the script, but he sent me the same corrections. He answered my questions that he cannot answer me or does not know what to write. He asked me the same questions several times. In the end, he closed the offer. And I do not know what to do since I come across this the first time. Will i must approve returning the remaining funds in escrow to the client or will i must do not approve this request and file a dispute

2 REPLIES 2
richardrader
Community Member

Communication is the most important part of any contract. The fact that you accepted the contract without at first making sure you were able to communicate with him is the issue. Before accepting a contract I would get to know the client, make sure you are compatible, discuss the deliverables, and get as much information before you even start. There are many potential clients I decide not to continue with just because of red flags I find in the "pre-contract stage".

Since he closed the fixed price contract the milestone that you were working on can either be refunded to him or you can dispute it. 

https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068528-Dispute-Non-Release-of-a-Milestone-Payment#:~....

Thanks for answering me. If I will dusput the contract, what will entail.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members