🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with payment
Page options
5a9bf03c
Community Member

Problem with payment

Has anyone had a situation where they confirmed a contract with a client and worked on an hourly basis, using the Upwork desktop application that tracked the work, and where at the end of it all the client said they were satisfied and disappeared from that moment?

Upwork suspended the contract and said that they would work on it, however, I received an email saying that they failed to get money from the clients and that my work was not enough for them to pay me. On the other hand, this doesn't really protect freelancers if clients get their work and disappear and Upwork doesn't stand behind it for some reason. Anyone can do this, which will probably damage the authority of the platform itself.

I would appreciate it if someone would share their opinion, have they had similar experiences?

4 REPLIES 4
data_divas
Community Member

Did you have high activity levels in the work diary and also write meaningful memos describing the work you were doing and meet all the other requirments? If so you should be covered by the hourly payment protection policy.
https://support.upwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/211068288-Hourly-Payment-Protection

They wrote to me that the level of activity is low, although when I look there are only a couple of them that are not 10 of 10 all others are high activity. I missed writing a Memo. What is the purpose of writing a Memo when you can write basically anything? Here they have a clear picture of what I did and what the activity was. I understand that it's a rule and that's probably why they don't accept it, but I don't understand what role it plays in logging time

5a9bf03c
Community Member

What will happen if I end this contract? 

The money is in the pending section, will I get that money if I close the contract because this was paid on an hourly basis?

3b01ecec
Community Member

Im interested 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members