🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with payment
Page options
m63_slavkovic
Community Member

Problem with payment

Dear, I have finished one job yesterday and the contract was for 300 dollars. The client set a milestone for 150 dollars and the completion of everything was yesterday. So I have finished everything and I submitted the work for payment because the project is complete. Also we had a little time and I finished everything The client is satisfied and she wants to pay me but she doesn't know how to pay the whole project because she only financed 150 as a milestone but we agree that there will be entire contract (300$). I don't see the problem but I assume she is new and I was never a customer. Can you tell me what should I say her. Thanks in advance.
2 REPLIES 2
prestonhunter
Community Member

Your client does NOT need to create an additional milestone.

She can simply find the contract in her Jobs or Contracts list, and click on the "three dots" icon next to it. This shows a drop down menu, which provides the opportunity to pay a "bonus."

She can use this to pay you any amount.

wlyonsatl
Community Member

Milan,

If your client were not honest, she could release to you payment of the amount already in escrow, close the contract and you'd never hear from her again. Upwork would not be able to help you in any way for payment under such a contract.

You can avoid this problem by only working on milestones that are fully funded. At the very least, don't submit the work in its completed form to the client if its milestone is not fully funded.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members