cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with private job post: I was invited and hired, but I can't access the job post

odenirexport
Odenir F Member Since: Nov 7, 2015
1 of 20

Hi,

I was invited and hired for a job, however when I try to see the original job post, this message appears:

---

"This job is private. Only freelancers this client has invited can access this job post. Please Go Back or go to our Home Page".

---

I believe this is a problem in Upwork website, because I was invited and also hired. I should be able to see the post.  I need to see the job post to do the work.

Best regards.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
2 of 20

Hi Odenir,

I have checked the job you may be referring to and I was able to access it from the invitation your client sent to you. Did you get the error when you tried to view it again? Did it persist in different browsers? If you don't mind, please send a private message to me here in the Community or submit a ticket with the link to the invitation you are referring to.

Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
odenirexport
3 of 20

Hi Valeria,

Thanks for the reply. I get the error after I clicked on "View original job post", on the "Contract Details" page. This happens in Chrome and Firefox. I'm using Linux.

I will send to you a private message.

setumonroe
Community Guru
Setu M Member Since: Jan 26, 2014
4 of 20
I believe this problem warrants a public response, as this has also happened to me more than once.

I completed the entire project without ever being able to view the original job post. It is definitely an error in the system.
---- easy like Sunday morning ----
oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
5 of 20

@Setu M wrote:
I believe this problem warrants a public response, as this has also happened to me more than once.

I completed the entire project without ever being able to view the original job post. It is definitely an error in the system.

I'm familiar with this issue as well.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
6 of 20

I am investigating this issue and I could use some additional information from you, Odenir, Setu and Olga. In situations when you got this error trying to navigate to the original Job Posting from the Offer Details or Contract Details pages, had you been invited to apply to the same Job Posting or you were sent an offer right away? Perhaps because you worked with this client before.

I hope my question makes sense. Thank you!

~ Valeria
Upwork
odenirexport
7 of 20

Thanks Valeria,

I had worked with the client before. I don' t believe it is the same job post, because it has another title.

In green is what works, and in red what is not working:

Home page > My jobs > Job details > View original job post > This job is private, only freelancers this client has invited can access this job post.

The page shows the job as a private job, but I was hired.

oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
8 of 20

Hi Valeria,

I was sent an offer right away.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
9 of 20

Thank you for confirming my assumptions, Odenir and Olga. When sending the offers to you, your clients most likely didn't select the job you were invited to apply as a related job posting but selected a different job posting. This is the reason you can't access the job posting from the Contract Details or Offer Details page. It is a usability issue and I have reported it to the team so it can be fixed as soon as possible.

~ Valeria
Upwork
odenirexport
10 of 20

Hi,

When I try to access the ticket/Upwork Support request link about this error, I see the message below:

"oops The page you were looking for doesn't exist You may have mistyped the address or the page may have moved".

I still can not view the job post.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS