🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with profile views and invitations
Page options
chatterjeerabi
Community Member

Problem with profile views and invitations

My issue with profile views and invitations is not resolved yet. Would you kindly help me? It's been a few weeks I have been on Upwork. I have optimized my profile according to Upwork's terms and conditions to get invitations or views. But the stats is still zero. Please let me know about the issue.

Regards
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Rabi C wrote:
My issue with profile views and invitations is not resolved yet. Would you kindly help me? It's been a few weeks I have been on Upwork. I have optimized my profile according to Upwork's terms and conditions to get invitations or views. But the stats is still zero. Please let me know about the issue.

Why do you think that you would get invites or profile views? There are literally tens of thousands of freelancers who want to be writers. You will very rarely appear in searches in the first few pages.

At this stage of your career you'll have apply to many, many job posts to stand any chance of winning a job. 

Invites come once you have won a few contracts and have good feedback and a Job Success Score.

It will help if you proofread and edit everything on your profile. A writer shouldn't have that many mistakes. That includes your portfolio pieces.

You're in one of the most competitive categories on the platform. If your profile and your portfolio items are full of mistakes, clients will (naturally) assume that the work they get from you will be too.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Rabi C wrote:

Why do you think that you would get invites or profile views? There are literally tens of thousands of freelancers who want to be writers. You will very rarely appear in searches in the first few pages.

At this stage of your career you'll have apply to many, many job posts to stand any chance of winning a job. 

Invites come once you have won a few contracts and have good feedback and a Job Success Score.

It will help if you proofread and edit everything on your profile. A writer shouldn't have that many mistakes. That includes your portfolio pieces.

You're in one of the most competitive categories on the platform. If your profile and your portfolio items are full of mistakes, clients will (naturally) assume that the work they get from you will be too.

Greetings,

I respect your opinion on this. It would be better if you have checked my profile and given me a justified answer. I work on my profile on a regular basis but I may be lacking somewhere. Your opinion is always welcome. I'll definitely work more on my profile.

Now, please let me contradict you on a point where you have mentioned about a writer's mistake. Yes, I agree that a writer should be fastidious about his words, vocabs, sentences etc. But let me add one more thing to it. I have seen many writers on Upwork whose profile is full of flaws but they are getting top rated badge. I really don't know why and how. It's still unknown.

And lastly, thank you for your valuable answer.

Regards
bevcam
Community Member

I agree with Petra that your profile needs attention to grammar.

You list your English as "fluent", however, and your rate is low so clients should expect to do a bit of editing.

But don't expect to get hired on invitations because that will take forever. You'll have to apply to get hired. I find that the invites I get aren't what I want so I've declined almost all that I've received since joining UW.

I suggest you apply for jobs with clients in non-English speaking countries or bilingual countries because you'll find them more open to variations of the language.

Thank you for your valuable suggestions, mam. I'll definitely check and work on my profile.

Regards
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths