🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Problem with proposals visibility
Page options
pandemiya
Community Member

Problem with proposals visibility

Hello everyone

I've been trying to see if everything is okay with the proposal process, as there have been no responses/interviews from clients for several weeks, and I don't believe my proposals didn't interest anyone (as a rising talent, I had no problem with interviews, then for a while too - I had really good bidding process and well-made proposals)

I don't expect any ideas for improving my profile or proposals here, and I take care of everything to the best of my knowledge.

I have submitted over a few dozen proposals (well written, to the point, to the best standards) without receiving a single reply.

There was the case of one job offer yesterday where I submitted a proposal, and then it magically disappeared. Then, when I checked the offer, I could apply again, the submit button was active. Is this some magic?

Similarly, in some cases (I have an Upwork Plus account), my bid was not visible even though it was the highest (even a short time after submitting the proposal).

I suspect there is a problem with my proposals, and clients may not see them in all cases - can anyone help me with this?

4 REPLIES 4
roberty1y
Community Member

Clients can see your proposals. They don't have to open them. Proposals are supposed to be ranked according to the freelancers' suitability, with the most eligible ones at the top. This ranking process doesn't always seem to be very accurate, which could mean your proposal might be halfway down a list of 20 or more even if you're well qualified for the job.

petra_r
Community Member

Grzegorz M wrote:

Similarly, in some cases (I have an Upwork Plus account), my bid was not visible even though it was the highest (even a short time after submitting the proposal).?

That means the client archived your proposal. The range includes only proposals that are still in the running. When there are lots of proposals, clients don't tend to read them all. They archive those that are they know they won't hire by using the thumbs down icon, which removes the proposal from view and from the job post's statistics, which is why you don't see it as the highest bid anymore.

martina_plaschka
Community Member

Did you change your rate after getting a JSS?

Yes, I am aware that my suggestions may be archived. But in so many cases?
I am not the most expensive designer in my niche.

Also, what about when my proposals magically disappear, as I wrote about?

As for increasing my rate - yes, I increased it after receiving JSS, and I still had interviews up to a certain point.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members