cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with the 'Jobs in progress' module

Daljeet S Member Since: Jun 2, 2016
1 of 11

Module shows 'Jobs in progress' effect freelancers earning. I feel upwork need to change the logic of to show the 'Jobs in progress'. 

Upwork switch freelancer profile to private, if there is no earning in last 30 days. I feel upwork need to hide the jobs from moudle 'Jobs in progress' that not paid to freelancer from last 15 days.

I have about 5 clients they not end the contract because they have work for me after 1-2 monts, but they have not time to end the contract and create new contract each time. Sometime these jobs not pay much, but as a freelancer i can't end the contract, i need to maintaine the freelancer client relationship. So because of this issue i feel i am earning half of my capability.  

Because of this new clients not hire, becasue 'Jobs in progress' show many jobs, but in actual most of them not in progress last couple of weeks. 

Now if i (freelancer) end these contracts, i lost the clients that i have earnd with my hard work. I just want to keep my old contracts without ending them. And want to get the enough new work when old contracts are not paying to me. I feel all the freelancers are agree with me. 

So please take some action reagarding 'Jobs in progress' module as soon as possible.

Regards,
Daljeet Singh.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
2 of 11

@Daljeet S wrote:

So because of this issue i feel i am earning half of my capability.  

Because of this new clients not hire, becasue 'Jobs in progress' show many jobs,

No client cares whether you have some jobs in progress, people get hired when their profile shows 60++++ ongoing contracts.

Your problem is more likely your low JSS, patchy feedback history and your poor English.

3 of 11

Okay i agree my JSS is very low about 87% at this movement. And Feedback are patcy no any positive feedback in 220 jobs and my English i very poor and only 85% client recommende to work with me.

But you not write about the issue i raised 'Need to hide the contract  from "Jobs in progress" not paying last 30 days or more' whereas upwork switch the freelancer profile 'privte' not able to earn last 30 days. 

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 11

@Daljeet S wrote:

But you not write about the issue i raised 'Need to hide the contract  from "Jobs in progress" not paying last 30 days or more' whereas upwork switch the freelancer profile 'privte' not able to earn last 30 days. 

Oh I did. Clients do not CARE that you have a few contracts in progress. It is not a problem.

5 of 11

Easy to write not a problem, but exist for freelancers, as a freelancer i am facing this problem. I need a way to pass this issue and suggestion to upwork relative department. You have no any permanent solution for my query, but you have good writing skills.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Temporary solutions often become permanent problems." --Craig Bruce

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
6 of 11

Hi Daljeet,

Thank you for your feedback, I will share this with our team. If you would like to add more details feel free to post them here, thank you.

Untitled
7 of 11

Hi Goran,

Sound good to hear about you are taking action on my query. And hoping for good reliable soltuion from upwork team. For now there is nothing else.

Thank you. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
8 of 11

@Daljeet S wrote:

Okay i agree my JSS is very low about 87% at this movement. And Feedback are patcy no any positive feedback in 220 jobs and my English i very poor and only 85% client recommende to work with me.

I'm not going to speak to your concern, because I don't believe it's a problem for most of us. But I am going to suggest that since you admit to poor English, you correct the statement on your profile that reads "Native/Bilingual", which you most certainly are not. Be truthful on your profile. That your English is far from native or bilingual may have something to do with some of your problematic feedback.

Ace Contributor
Stacie W Member Since: Jan 19, 2018
9 of 11

Petra ... For someone who quotes Einstein about staying away from negative people, I'd strongly suggest you review your own posts. Your responses appear frequently when I search a question here and they're often quite negative, specifically when it comes to people with "poor English." 

Moreover, your experiences on Upwork shouldn't be held as the golden standard. Perhaps as a translator your clients don't care how many open jobs you have, but as a writer I've had numerous clients inquire about about whether or not my schedule would allow for their project based on the number of jobs I have in progress. 

As for Daljeet, as a web developer, I don't think his level of English matters nearly as much as yours probably does. Last I checked, this isn't an English Speaking-only platform. 

But I think the more important point is that you didn't even bother to address his primary concern (being reverted to a private account without earnings in the past 30 days, while he had jobs in progress) which leads me to wonder why you bothered to reply. You did nothing to offer support, information, or solutions. 

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
10 of 11

Whether to close a contract so that it doesn't appear in progress or leave it open to keep the client on the line is a personal business decision that you must make as a business owner. It isn't Upwork's job to eliminate your business decisions. 

If a client *cares* that you have many jobs, then hiding those jobs that may or may not take up your time would deceive that client. Own your decisions and live with the consequences. 

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS