🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problem with uninstalling an older version 5....
Page options
vivek_krishna
Community Member

Problem with uninstalling an older version 5.3.3.871

I am not able to uninstall an older version of Upwork. The version was 5.3.3.871, but I accidentally deleted the files from my local installation folder, and hence the Uninstall does not work anymore. 

If you can point me to the download location of 5.3.3.871 (Windows), I can install it again, and try the uninstall option. Any other better workaround? 

17 REPLIES 17
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Vivek,

Could you please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello Bojan,

Thanks for the quick reply. My problem is that I had accidentally deleted the Upwork files from the installation folder. Hence, I still have the old version of Upwork app listed under Apps, but the uninstallation of the app will not work, because the files in the installation folder are missing. 

The version of Upwork is 5.3.3.871. One option I can think of is to reinstall that same version 5.3.3.871, so that the local files are copied through installation, and then do the uninstall. Hope I'm clear. 

Thanks.

Hi Bojan - 

I was able to solve the issue. It was due to McAfee anti-virus. It had quarantined the Upwork desktop application, and not allowing proper installation/uninstallation. I removed it from quarantined list, and now everything is working fine. Thanks for your support. 

Thanks.

hello. how were you able to remove it? i'm having the same issue at the moment.

Hi Vivek,

I'll check this with our team and get back to you once we have more information. We appreciate your patience while we look into this.

Edited to add:

Please re-download this latest version of the Desktop App and install it, it should overwrite the previous install, regardless of what files were removed.

I hope this helped.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
aminel
Community Member

Hi! Bojan,

I am having the same issue but this one doesn't work. I still have this problem.

Thanks.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Armelo,

Did you try to re-download this latest version of the Desktop App and install it? It should overwrite the previous install, regardless of what files were removed. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran,

Yes, I tried many times and I just tried a minute ago. Still doesn't work.

Armelo

aminel
Community Member

It's just keep on loading.

g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Armelo,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further with your Desktop App. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hello Goran,

Thank you, I'll be waiting. I hope He or she can help me with this issue.

Hi. I tried reinstalling but it didn't overwrite the previous version, which is still showing in my apps on my pc settings panel

Hi Michele,

Could you please refer to this help article for troubleshooting tips and let us know if you still experience issues after applying them? 

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
harsh73
Community Member

Hi there, 

I am seeing two version currently in my add and remove program. 

1. UpWork 5.3.3.871 - 137MB

2. UpWork 5.6.7.13 - 174MB

I need to remove older version, it won't let me do it from anyhow. As you suggested deleting UpWork folder, which I can't find in my computer. Can you please suggest me to remove it. I did reinstall it many times but not resolved yet. I am attaching screenshot of my "Add and Remove Program Window". 

Thanks. 

Hi Harsh,

I will look into this further and will get back to you once I have more information.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

Hello! I'm having the same issue with the same version. I've already tried to reinstall several time the newest version and doesnt work with the old one.

Hi Viridiana,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I shared your report with our team and one of our agents will reach out to you using a support ticket to assist you further. You can access your support tickets here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members