easir_k

Problem

Hi there, My Problem is, I got no job invitations & also no profile views. I also follow most of upwork guidelines to improve my profile but nothing works.I applied through all my connects, few got replies... most of the job I applied got no replies & some remain unresponsive!

Some jobs are open for months & client not awarded the job to anybody.For this reason connects are wasted in that way.

Please Help!

8 REPLIES 8
dreamseller

Change your profile picture First. 

easir_k

I think clients want quality work & they are looking for that not profile pic.

I have done some projects (long term) with no profile pic. I believe profile pic do matter matter. But here is the situation, there are no job invitations.. I think another reason for that but couldn't find out.

If you can't accept advice why you posted your question at all? I don't like how you are positioned on the pic looking at me from above and pressing me...

>>Hi, My name is Md Easir Khan & I am from Bangladesh

You can remove this because this info is already in your profile.

>>I am available 24/7

Seriously?

I always accept advice's from others, that's why I am posting here. I just express my point of view.And I believe expressing own point of view is not denied others. I also mention in my message that profile pic does matter.

I also remove the text you mentioned in your message.

And for the last part: Yes, I am serious.

Thanks

@Md Easir K wrote:

I think clients want quality work & they are looking for that not profile pic.

I have done some projects (long term) with no profile pic. I believe profile pic do matter matter. But here is the situation, there are no job invitations..

Well, something clearly isn't working, and I agree that the profile picture is most likely a major factor.

The majority of proposals are never read. Clients get so many that they weed out a lot before they start reading proposals.

So why create a barrier? Clients are human. You only get a second to make a first impression, and the first impression of that profile picture is very bad on a number of levels.

You are in the single most over-subscribed category on Upwork. The tiniest detail that could put a client off can make sure you will not get hired., simply because there are so many freelancers for the client to choose from.

If your profile is not "inviting" you will not get invited.

Thanks, Petra for your valuable & informative response.Really appreciated.

jmeyn

@Md Easir K wrote:

Hi there, My Problem is, I got no job invitations & also no profile views. I also follow most of upwork guidelines to improve my profile but nothing works.I applied through all my connects, few got replies... most of the job I applied got no replies & some remain unresponsive!

Some jobs are open for months & client not awarded the job to anybody.For this reason connects are wasted in that way.

Please Help!

I agree with what was said about your picture and the doubts raised about 24/7 availability. I noticed you have had a number of jobs and worked for more than 1,000 hours already. For being in one of the most overcrowded categories that's not bad.

Invitations are generally rare, I get maybe 1 or 2 per month and have to decline most because the clients didn't read the profile. 

Thanks, Joachim M