🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problems Spacing Messages? Enter = Send
Page options
Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Problems Spacing Messages? Enter = Send

Is anyone else having problems spacing thier messages on desktop?

I can space my messages fine using the moblie application but here on the site i cannot properly space my paragraphs without the message sending. Is there a fix for this? Thanks

P.S i can space here, just not in messages to prospective clients. 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you go into Preferences, you can turn that "Enter = Send" behaior off.

I always leave it off. It's much nicer to be able to include paragraphs and decide when I want to send text.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
prestonhunter
Community Member

If you go into Preferences, you can turn that "Enter = Send" behaior off.

I always leave it off. It's much nicer to be able to include paragraphs and decide when I want to send text.

Anonymous-User
Not applicable

Thank You! Was unaware this was option. I agree that spaced message are much more pleseant, and easier to read. 

784aba84
Community Member

Here is no such option in preferences. This default option is really annoying it's so hard to make clear message. How can I make breaking space ?

Hi Aurelien,

Thank you for your message. You can access your preference for Enter Key by clicking the wrench icon at the bottom right of the Messages window as seen here.

Thank you,

Pradeep

Upwork
a80ffef7
Community Member

Do you have to do that for every single message? I find it very irritating that it sends only parts of the message so the whole message is completely fragmented. 

I want to be able to click on Enter to get to the next paragraph, not to SEND a partly completed message. The default should be to ONLY send complete messages. Upwork's present default appears to be to send only partially complete messages all the time.

Crazy.

Also, where is the Preferences link? I can't find it anywhere.

Hello Gordon,

Thanks for sharing this with us. I know Pradeep's response above is from a little while ago, but you can still change how your "Enter" key behaves within any message window. At the bottom right corner, you should see this option. Don't hesitate to let us know if you need further assistance. 

~ Luiggi
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths