🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problems uploading files
Page options
calado-marco
Community Member

Problems uploading files

I've been having issues uploading files on the message board.

Namely sketchup files and, even in the "new and improved" message board some image files.

The files are all under 12mb.

This is something that i never had a problem before.

I've checked my pc and run antivirus to see if that was problem. All files are clean...

For files bigger than this i usually use the shared link to My Cloud Home or a google drive link.

But even this, every time i share a link so that the client can get the files, it doesn't accept the link or by saying it's against UW policy or due to security risks, or something  like that...

Does anyone has the same problem or knows why this happens?

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Actually, once you are working with a client and have a contract with them, it is not against the rules to share your email, it is only an issue if you do that before having a contract in place. 

Of course, this doesn't excuse Upwork from having yet another unaddressed bug on its platform. They should fix it asap, not keep telling people that "the team" is "working on it" for over a month now in my case. 

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
prestonhunter
Community Member

Upwork is not a file transfer too. Use something else.

Hi Preston, thanks for the reply. Like i said on my post; i shared a link so that the client could get the files there, but now it doesn't accept my link.

And if Upwork is not a "file transfer link" as you say, what's the point in having a freelancing platform if you cannot send your work? And that does not allow or has problems in posting links to your works?

Without that, UpWork, bold in UP, will be an Oxymoron....

Best regards.

I'm very sorry, but your question doesn't make any sense to me.

I have had hundreds of clients on Upwork.

I get paid through Upwork.

But I don't send files through Upwork.

My projects are complex, as are yours. Upwork is it designed for that. I don't know why you are trying to do this.

Listen Preston, i do believe you are great in what you do, but don't try to compare 20mb files or less to 250mb or 1gb.

And if you know the answer, please share it. Nonetheless i do believe that your anwser is getting the clients e-mail, and that is against UW policy. I personaly don't intent to get my account suspended.

Upwork has no rule against sharing an email address or other contact information with clients.

Once a client has hired a freelancer, Upwork places no limit on how they may communicate.

Upwork also allows freelancers and clients to share contact informed such as an email address BEFORE a client is officially hired, if it is done so for the purpose of exchanging files, such as through a repository or file archive, that requires an email address to access it.

All you need to is state that email address is being provided for the purpose of sharing files, and not for communication.

Yeah, you're right. I thought i couldn't do that.

But today it worked, it accepted my link. So this must also be bugs.

Sometimes you have to. I'm in a crazy dispute with a crazy developer. When we were talking details on Skype he started demanding I send him cash on paypal for expenses. I was kind of sympathetic, he was giving me a sob story, and he was also demanding $500 cash on the spot.

So, now I'm in dispute and the whole app is dreck. My screenshorts won't upload, my story won't submit, I am ready to lose the money not to deal with this stress!!!!!

Upwork has made little things a nightmare. My day should never be lost on F-ing uploads!

calado-marco
Community Member

Hi again. My question in the post is simple:

I never had problems uploaling the work to the client directly here in upwork, trough the message board or pasting a link in the message board so that the client could download the files. And now i'm having problems doing that, namely:

- posting png and skp files ( refuses to upload)

- posting the links to the download (says that it's againts the Upwork policy or that it's an security problem)

that's why i started this post in the forum; to know if someone has been having the same problems and find the solution...

It's not hard to understand this!

re: "problems and find the solution..."

I use the same platform, and do the same type of projects that you do.

I already have the solution.

This simply isn't a problem unless you make it into a problem.

geri_kol
Community Member

Hi Marco,

I recently had a problem uploading PDFs - not in the message rooms, but to my portfolio. I had never had this problem before and reported it when in hapened, in mid-April, but despite several follow-ups and assurances that "the team" is "working on it," the issue has not been resolved. 

Hi Gergana, thanks for the reply.

If that is also an issue with you, especially uploading to the portofilio, then i'm starting to believe that the issue is with the file scanning in upwork...but that would still leave why it doesn't allow links for the downloads, unless that it doesn't allow the links because it can't scan the files there...

I have large files that can only be shared trough links, several times over 250mb and sometimes over 1gb. If posting your e-mail or ask for the clients e-mail is against upwork rules, how can i send the link for download??

This is starting to get crazy.

Actually, once you are working with a client and have a contract with them, it is not against the rules to share your email, it is only an issue if you do that before having a contract in place. 

Of course, this doesn't excuse Upwork from having yet another unaddressed bug on its platform. They should fix it asap, not keep telling people that "the team" is "working on it" for over a month now in my case. 

Today it worked!, So this must be bugs...

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members