🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problems validate right EU-VAT number
Page options
steffpeff
Community Member

Problems validate right EU-VAT number

Hi everyone,
I changed countries and now I would like to add my Dutch Vat number. Unfortunately, it failed the last two times. As fir now:
1. I already checked on VIES and it states that my VAT nr is valid
2. The data I have entered in the tax form is correct
3. I inserted the tax number without NL in the beginning (I also already tried with and it gave me the same result), so 10th letter is a B as stated in the form

So, to be honest, I am not quite sure what else to try 😕 and so I will be very thankful for assistance!

Best

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Stefanie,

One of our team members will reach out to you via ticket as soon as possible and assist you further, thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
hijaziebadsyed
Community Member

Upwork is not taking care too much of the platform  as even today another friend in Italy is facig the same  issue.

A VAT registered to VIES and  validated by VIES controll form, correctly written in the form - she gets: the VAT number must be 12134... so dear Upwork, with all due respect, for all the taxes and fees we pay your  services are far from the minimum quality level requested when treating sensitive information imput.
If implementing a decent VAT validation is still a problem that  is not looked into...  I WONDER HOW SAFE OUR DATA IS  ... data safety is far more complex than a form validation. Not being able to provide a form validation is a very concerning signal towards the infrastructure quality and viability.

marafx
Community Member

And  don't push  the Support Team forward- they will contact bla bla. Upwork is held by ToS to provide the service we pay for. And this includes fixing and maintaining the platform and service you sell to us for the fee we pay and the membership we pay.
So dear developers, this VAT issue is not due to pandemic, it exists and existed always.  Using support to work case by case = I dont want to fix... as the fix has been requested since 2019 and even before!

VladimirG
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Antonia,

Thanks for sharing your experience and for being a good friend. In order to take a closer look at the issue your friend is experiencing, could you please ask them to contact us directly? They are welcome to follow up on this thread if they would prefer to share their experience publicly.

In the meantime, please do share this Help article with them in order to ensure they are adding their VAT number in the correct format. Based on my personal experience, using a different format does account for a certain portion of the reports we're receiving in the Community on this subject.

If your friend is using the correct format and is still unable to validate their VAT number, we'd like to check in order to make sure they receive necessary assistance to complete the process and to ensure the validation process is working as expected. Thank you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork
marafx
Community Member

if it confortys yopu UPWORK in 6 YEARS  still  havent moved a nanobyt of  script towards fixing the form validator. 

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members