🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Problems with the desktop app
Page options
eutogo
Community Member

Problems with the desktop app

Hi - I deleted the app a couple of months ago because I wasn't really using it. I started a new hourly job today and I really need to download the app on my windows Pc. I cannot seem to be able to do it and I've tried for more than 24 hours already.

If I cannot solve it unfortunately I'll miss this opportunity because the employer really needs me to track my hours. Has it happened to anyone? What can I do to download this app successfully? I'm attaching a photo of what it says ''internal error''. 

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Eugenia, 

I took this from the Upwork Help article on troubleshooting the desktop app. Could you please try the steps below and see if it helps? Here are the common reasons why this may happen, and how you can fix each: 

• Firewall or proxy server issue – Contact your system administrator to allow access
  • Poor Internet connection – It is important to make sure you have a strong and stable Internet connection before you download
  • No administrator privileges – Check to see if you are the administrator of your computer and that you have enough space on your computer to download the application
  • Inaccurate time/date settings – Check to make sure the time and date settings on your computer are correct
  • Antivirus software is blocking the application – You can temporarily disable your antivirus program for just the time it takes to download, to avoid disruption. It may become necessary to add the Upwork desktop app to your antivirus whitelist

Let us know if the issue persists so our team can assist you further.

~ Avery
Upwork
eutogo
Community Member

Hi Avery,

thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I still cannot download the desktop app, even though I have tried everything you mentioned, at least 20 times already. 

Hi Eugenia,

Arjay here stepping in for Avery. We appreciate you following up and confirming the issue on your end. I'll have one of the team members assist you further via a support ticket. You can access your ticket and coordinate with the appropriate team on this page.

~ Arjay
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members