🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Professional Online Certification Advantages
Page options
tarekrahman1
Community Member

Professional Online Certification Advantages

Does getting a  professional certificate from sites like Udemy or Coursera impact freelancers profile in any way? 

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Tarek R wrote:

Does getting a  professional certificate from sites like Udemy or Coursera impact freelancers profile in any way? 

No.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
petra_r
Community Member

Tarek R wrote:

No.

I don't know about the other one, but Udemy is not a 'professional' certificate anyway. Not in the sense that they're officially recognised. Just about anybody can create the courses to sell them. 

There's a couple of courses offered by the University of Michigan on Coursera and most of the instructors seemed pretty solid. I wonder should a talented freelancer focus on earning the certification of his skill or showing off good portfolios.

Tarek R wrote:

There's a couple of courses offered by the University of Michigan on Coursera and most of the instructors seemed pretty solid. I wonder should a talented freelancer focus on earning the certification of his skill or showing off good portfolios.

Learning new skills or improving your existing skills is never a bad idea, but I think that should be a goal in itself, not just gathering up certifications to post in your profile. And the more you learn and improve, the better your portfolio will be, so it's not an either/or situation.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members