cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile 100% complete, but still not getting approval

bnhfedi
Bounouh F Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
1 of 4

I brought a friend on upwork, his profile is at 100% completeness, he added a portrait photo,skills, portfolio, work history, education and he passed many tests as well,
but in every time he submits his profile for approval, he gets a negative answer saying that his account cant be approved for some reasons.
Also he sent a request to the support help center, but he gets an instant response on his E-mail saying that his profile still cannot be approved.
I really need a good answer for this from a Moderator or from Top solution authors, because he is really serious about this,he is experienced and he's got many skills to prove
and he wants to make his career on Upwork, can you at least tell him why his account is not getting approval ? even when he did all what is necessary.
Here is his profile link : https://www.upwork.com/o/profiles/users/_~0161bb8e8b342766e3/

Thanks in advance.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
2 of 4

I cannot tell you why your friend's profile is not being approved, but I can tell you, after reviewing the text in his profile, that he is not ready to offer his services as an English-language proofreader. His English skills are strong, but he makes too many small errors in his writing and style to offer proofreading services.

cylver1z
Community Guru
Ryan C Member Since: Feb 3, 2017
3 of 4

Hello Bounouh,

I'm sorry to hear that. Unfortunately, at this time there are already many freelancers with a similar skillset to your friend's and the system cannot accept his registration. If he has more relevant skills or experience to add, please tell him to do so. He can learn more about building a complete profile by checking out the following articles: 

Enhance Your Upwork Freelancer Profile

Sample Profiles

Untitled
bobafett999
Community Guru
Prashant P Member Since: Sep 29, 2015
4 of 4

@Ryan C:  So Upwork is throtteling down on # of freelancers in a skill set?  Now I understand, I had an invitation and talked to the guy on skype and he mumbled something like that.  He basically wanted to use my profile to bid on jobs.  I did report him.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS