🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile Completion
Page options
nyxhra
Community Member

Profile Completion

Hello everyone, I came here for an answer 3 months ago, after I had already done all I could to complete everything. The general consensus I saw was that it may take time for it to update, especially if what you're missing is work history. So I waited some more. After another 3 months, and several completed jobs from a long time ago, my profile still says I need to add work history, and not only that, it still shows me the same percent it was more than 4-5 months ago (40%). Anyone please any other advice?
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Andreea-Denisa A wrote:
I know it is work outside of upwork, though, believe it or not, I literally do not have anything else to add there.

Add "Freelancer" as an employment item, and maybe your volunteering experience, that would give you 2 employment items. The work history is literally mandatory, so you have to add that.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
petra_r
Community Member

Andreea-Denisa A wrote:
So I waited some more. After another 3 months, and several completed jobs from a long time ago, my profile still says I need to add work history, and not only that, it still shows me the same percent it was more than 4-5 months ago (40%). 

Profile completeness can't possibly update itself. You need to add things, or it will stay at 40% forever.

Work history isn't jobs you completed on Upwork, it's your employment history (outside of Upwork)! Employment history is acually supposed to be mandatory, so you really must add that, just add whatever jobs you have previously done, or self employment. But you need to add that!

To get to 100% you can add the following:

Portfolio Item  5% each (max 20%)

Employment History     10% each (max 20%)

Education        10% each (max 20%)

Profile Video.    10% 

Linked Account.      10% (max 10%)

Certification.      5% each (max 10%)

Other Experience.     5% (max 5%)

(source)

nyxhra
Community Member

Hello, thank you for your reply!
I know it is work outside of upwork, though, believe it or not, I literally do not have anything else to add there. Even so, it should at least be 60% ish even without the Employment part. Outside of that I added almost everything there is to add, even if I just calculate from the exact numbers you gave me, I would still have over 55% and that's besides the profile picture and bio and all the other main stuff.
petra_r
Community Member

Andreea-Denisa A wrote:
I know it is work outside of upwork, though, believe it or not, I literally do not have anything else to add there.

Add "Freelancer" as an employment item, and maybe your volunteering experience, that would give you 2 employment items. The work history is literally mandatory, so you have to add that.

nyxhra
Community Member

Alright, thank you, I will try to add that to the employment history. And the work history, as far as I can tell, refers to the jobs I had on upwork, which I can't add myself, and I already have some anyway, that's why I'm so confused as to why it still shows this.
JoanneP

Hi Andreea-Denisa,

As a freelancer, it is important to showcase your skills and experience in your profile. There are several ways that you can get your profile to 100%. Please check out the options available for you to do in this help article

~ Joanne
Upwork
nyxhra
Community Member

Hello Joanne,
I did most of those things, from what I'm missing it should be at least at 60% already because all I do not have is employment history (max 20%), video intro (10%) and account link (10%). Yet my score still is at 40% which does not make sense considering all the fields I filled ,and it clearly states I need work history, not employment or doesn't suggest me anything else either.

Hi Andreea-Denisa,

One of our team members already reached out to you directly via this support ticket to assist you further.

Thank you.

~ Aleksandar
Upwork

I just now saw their email, thank you so much!
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members