🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile Critique in Hopes of Getting More Job...
Page options
ank3nyiowa
Community Member

Profile Critique in Hopes of Getting More Jobs

Hi, I have been a subscribing member of Upwork for 6 months or so, have what I thought was a good proposal and good profile, but have only gotten 1 job out of the now hundreds of design jobs I have submitted proposals for. Is anyone able to give me advice/critique to help me to convert more of these submissions into paying jobs.

4 REPLIES 4
joansands
Community Member

Instead of talking about yourself in your profile and any proposal, try to spell out exactly what you can do for a potential client.

gul-zain
Community Member

There is no one template that works for all and whatever i am saying below is simply the result of my own experience on upwork. 

About Profile:

Write your introduction like a short letter to every client. In your introduction start with greetings and a little bit about your skills in two lines. Then write about your awesome work in 3-4 lines and how you helped your clients achieve their dreams and then spend about 2 lines telling clients what services you will be offering. It should be cohesive and coherrent. 

About Portfolio:

Your portfolio should look more flashy. For example, i noticed the logo of cosimo on your portfolio and i think if you show the picture of cup with cosimo logo on it as your display picture, it will catch more attention. You are a graphic designer and presentation of is how you deliver to clients that you are good at graphic designing. Have eye catching logos on display 

About Proposals:

You have to be very thoughtful about your proposals if you don't have previous work to show of. Every client have his own needs and you have to read between the lines. Always talk about your ideas on how to achieve the goals mentioned in the job post. Make your proposals concise and deliver the right message. 

Best of luck. (y)

Feel free to send me a message if you need any more help 🙂

gul-zain
Community Member

Here's my problem with your profile: Your profile headline:

Screen Shot 2019-08-14 at 4.41.22 PM.png

You say you're a graphic designer.

Okay. So what?

What KIND of graphic designer?

What makes you special?

Graphic designer is too broad a term. Your profile should set you apart from millions of other graphic designers, and make me want to hire you for my project, because my project is special, and I need somebody who is just right for my project.

Specialize. Even if - in reality - you do more types of work than the specialized work your profile page emphasizes.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members