🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile Discovery
Page options
kaiwaniqbal
Community Member

Profile Discovery

Hello!

I recently got stats and I saw their Profile Discovery.

Now I don't know what it is and it raised to 7 views and now it's dropped to 0.

I'm submitting proposals regularly and also getting some response

I have profile completeness of 100% and also a success score of 100%, but still, it's dropped to 0.
what can I do to make profile discovery more and more every week?

Thanks in Advance.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
marc_compte
Community Member

This is not an answer, as I don't know if there is a way for you to boost that, other than increasing your visibility by boosting your proposals or spending connects in the availability badge.

But my profile discovery looks like a roller-coaster, one week I get a lot of profile views and the next I get very little. I don't see it correlating with the amount of jobs I get though.

To be honest, the whole "marketing effectiveness" section seems a bit bogus, or at least useless. It also used to say I'm being hired more often than 100% (100%!!!) of all freelancers in my field (now it dropped to 99%). I'm pretty sure I'm not and I'm pretty sure this number is wrong. If that is so evidently wrong, I got nothing to make me think the rest of the metrics are right. They are most likely wrong, too.

I don't pay any attention any more to that part of the My Stats. It does not seem to have any correlation whatsoever with the reality.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Kaiwan,

Please keep in mind that your Profile views will be counted only when you're discovered through search results. When clients are responding to your proposals it will not be counted as a Profile view. I would also like to clarify that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork
marc_compte
Community Member

This is not an answer, as I don't know if there is a way for you to boost that, other than increasing your visibility by boosting your proposals or spending connects in the availability badge.

But my profile discovery looks like a roller-coaster, one week I get a lot of profile views and the next I get very little. I don't see it correlating with the amount of jobs I get though.

To be honest, the whole "marketing effectiveness" section seems a bit bogus, or at least useless. It also used to say I'm being hired more often than 100% (100%!!!) of all freelancers in my field (now it dropped to 99%). I'm pretty sure I'm not and I'm pretty sure this number is wrong. If that is so evidently wrong, I got nothing to make me think the rest of the metrics are right. They are most likely wrong, too.

I don't pay any attention any more to that part of the My Stats. It does not seem to have any correlation whatsoever with the reality.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members