cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Flagged as Inappropriate

Dante C Member Since: Apr 29, 2015
1 of 37

What should I do? My profile has been flagged as inappropriate.

Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
2 of 37

Contact support and ask them why.

Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
3 of 37

Dante,

if you able to set your profile to public, please do so, and we will be able to look at it and give you advice.

(Although possibly your profile IS set to public, but Upwork's action against it has made it so we can't see it.)

Anyway, if your profile has been flagged as inappropriate, there is probably something wrong with it that violates Upwork's profile policies.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
4 of 37

@Preston H wrote:

Dante,

if you able to set your profile to public, please do so, and we will be able to look at it and give you advice.

He should NOT try to set his profile to public. Inappropriate profiles are set to private until they're fixed and there will have been a communication that explained what is inappropriate about the profile and what needs fixing.

Clearly the OP has received and read that communication or he wouldn't have the wording that was used.

So rather than trying to force the profile back to public after Upwork set it to private he should fix what's wrong with the profile which will be in the message he received which explained that the profile is inappropriate.

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 37

Dante is a top-rated freelancer, so I am not sure why his profile was flagged. His overview could be edited a bit, perhaps, but it it is clear enough for the skills he is offering. I would suggest he hide the below average test scores. But despite these he is getting good jobs.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
6 of 37

And yet people who plagiarize profiles are still kicking. Oy vey.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 37

@Nichola L wrote:

Dante is a top-rated freelancer, so I am not sure why his profile was flagged. His overview could be edited a bit, perhaps, but it it is clear enough for the skills he is offering. I would suggest he hide the below average test scores. But despite these he is getting good jobs.

How odd, I can not see it, I see it as "Profile is not public...." as obviously Preston did, too

Community Guru
Darrin O Member Since: Jan 20, 2015
8 of 37

@Nichola L wrote:

Dante is a top-rated freelancer, so I am not sure why his profile was flagged.

I see "top-rated" profiles all the time that aren't following the rules.  Maybe some of them are Elance imports with different rules, but you'd think Upwork would have flagged them as they were brought over.  The main offenses I see:

• Links to contact them off site
  • Fake pictures
  • Fake names

They seem to get a free ride because of their rating, too.

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
BEST ANSWER
9 of 37

Hi Dante,

I have checked your account and there aren't any issues with it currently. It's not being reviewed and you should be able to apply for jobs normally. Could you please send me a private message in the Community and provide a screenshot of a message you receive about your profile being flagged?

~ Valeria
Untitled
Laila C Member Since: Sep 6, 2019
10 of 37

Hi Mam,

Please check also my profile, why it is flag inapproprite. 

Thank you

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS