🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile Not Showing in Search Results even th...
Page options
fe438eb5
Community Member

Profile Not Showing in Search Results even though profile is set to public

I'm encountering issues with my Upwork profile and would greatly appreciate your insights or advice. I have also attached a screenshot of this below.

Profile Not Showing in Search Results:

• Even though my profile is set to "Public," it doesn't appear in search results when I try to search for it. I've ensured that my profile is complete, with relevant keywords and skills. Could there be a specific reason why my profile isn't showing up in search results?
  1. I've already tried a few troubleshooting steps, like using different browsers and ensuring my profile is complete and up-to-date. However, these issues persist.

Has anyone else faced similar challenges? If so, I would love to hear about your experiences and any solutions that have worked for you.

If there's something I'm missing or if these issues require attention from Upwork's support team, your guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance for your help!

1 REPLY 1
759e32fa

Hi Dinde,

Thank you for reaching out. I checked on this and I have found your account using several filters.

759e32fa_1-1699346840536.png

759e32fa_0-1699346823152.png

As you can see on the screenshots, your profile is visible and was found on page 9. Please keep in mind that clients do not know your name yet and they will not be searching for your name when they check the marketplace. They would often use keywords related to the role they are trying to fill in so it is important to optimize your profile title.

Also, various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.

Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members