cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Photo

Highlighted
Alicia A Member Since: Oct 18, 2016
1 of 6
So I was told that my profile photo needs to be a likeness of me? Ummmm it is me. Not sure what exactly is wrong with it, can someone help me out?
Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
2 of 6

There is nothing wrong with your profile photo. It is a great photo and it is perfectly compliant with Upwork recommendations.

If somebody at Upwork questions it then they can provide you with an opportunity to send additional identification documents or they can arrange an identity verification interview for you.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
3 of 6

There is a LInkedin profile with the exact same picture.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Preston H Member Since: Nov 24, 2014
4 of 6

Upwork has been doing image searches on profile photos.

These searches often lead to LinkedIn pages. Some caution needs to be used when looking at these search results, because a photo may appear on many different LinkedIn pages if an individual is a friend or associate of various people. A cursory look at search results may lead one to conclude that a photo,is being used by many people with different names. But a more careful look at the pages can usually lead to finding the principle page which identifies who is actually pictured in the photo - IF the photo can be found through image search,

The SAFEST thing a new Upwork contractor can do is to take a new photo especially for their Upwork page. This eliminates the possibility of getting flagged for using somebody else's photo as a result of an image search finding a match.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Christy A Member Since: Dec 30, 2015
5 of 6

I just did a Google search on my own image (which is new) and one of the results is LinkedIn but another person's name.  That person is one of my connections who has endorsed and recommended me.  

In the OPs case, one of the names she's linked to doesn't even have a picture on their profile.  I have no clue about any of the others.

It would make sense to recognize that a Google search is a good start, but that further investigation (in this case, two extra mouse clicks) would be helpful.

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
6 of 6

Hi Alicia, 

I can see that you already have an open ticket with the team, and have already supplied more information to the team. I will follow up with the team. Please expect someone to give an update regarding your issue via the open ticket. 

-Avery
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS