🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Profile Picture
Page options
hassan-azzam
Community Member

Profile Picture

Hi, i'm a freelancer and i used to have a successful profile on upwork before profile picture and video call became a requirement.

And i lost my profile because i didn't wanna add a profile picture of myself or have a video call, since i consider this completely unnecessary and shouldn't be a requirement it's a personal preference.

Now here's the deal, a lot of people don't like taking pictures and not all people are good looking so don't force me and other people to share our pictures in public because we want to earn some money, i don't like pictures and i never took a picture for myself and i don't even like to look at myself in the mirror.

I understand that you want the profiles to be professional, well let me tell you something "ME TOO", and i know my profile looks more professional without my photo.

So all i'm asking is to PLEASE make the profile image optional, and let the clients decide whether or not they wanna hire someone without a profile picture.

I'm posting this here to see if any other freelancers agree with me.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
JoanneP

Hi Hassan,

Your profile picture and other account information requests are also related to making sure that account owners are the ones offering their services through their profiles, and building trust between clients and freelancers. Please let us know if you have any questions. Thank you!

~ Joanne
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths