Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Pictures - What is Acceptable?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
1 of 15

I see in the help section they say:

• Profile photos should be clear and appropriate for a professional, global community. Logo, clip art, group pictures, or heavily digitally manipulated pictures are prohibited.

Why am I suddenly seeing such a large number of profile pictures that are not appropriate? I see all kinds of graphics and logos so I'm wondering did the rules change?

Community Guru
Khadezatul K Member Since: May 1, 2015
2 of 15

I am wondering too

R K Member Since: Oct 9, 2017
3 of 15

whenever i try to upload my pic it says Sorry, something went wrong. We were unable to save the image,whats the problem

Vladimir G Moderator Member Since: Oct 31, 2014
4 of 15

Hi RK,

Please check the message our agent recently posted on your open support ticket, follow the instructions and respond back on the ticket in order to assist you further and keep all the information in one place.

Community Manager
Lena E Community Manager Member Since: Apr 7, 2015
5 of 15

Hi Jean,

The rules have not changed. Unfortunately some profiles slip through without a correct profile image. Logos are acceptable as profile pictures only if the freelancer is an agency freelancer.

-Lena

Untitled
Aks C Member Since: Feb 26, 2017
6 of 15

Hi Jean,

Do I have an option to identify myself as an agency freelancer? I could not spot one. I am still in the process of making my profile. Any help regarding this would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Amita

Valeria K Moderator Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
7 of 15

Hi Aks,

You still need to create your individual freelancer profile with your own name as a profile name and describe your own skills and experience in your overview. Once you do that, submit your profile for a review. If the profile is approved you can then either add an agency account to your freelancer account or join an existing agency. 

Please, see this help article for more information.

~ Valeria
Untitled
Sandeep S Member Since: May 31, 2019
8 of 15

I hav tried multiple pics but this errors keeps coming up. I've tried pics of very high resolution also. Please help. Smiley Sadimage.png

Bojan S Moderator Member Since: Mar 9, 2018
9 of 15

Hi Sandeep,

Can you please check if the image you're trying to upload is in .jpg, .jpeg, .gif, .png format and try to resize the image to 250x250dpi. Crop it to include only your head and shoulders. If it meets those requirements and you still can't upload it then please try clearing your cache and cookies and using a different browser to check if the problem persists.

Thank you.

~ Bojan
Untitled
Sandeep S Member Since: May 31, 2019
10 of 15
It is in .png format and I've tried cropping it in all manners possible
with all types of resolution.
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS