🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile Statistic Tough Times
Page options
lesterb22
Community Member

Profile Statistic Tough Times

Hi!

Can anybody give me an advice about what my profile needs or what I need to do with my profile? We are all affected by the change of policy in calculating our JSS... I have it changing and is now accurate.

I feel like I am losing hope here in Upwork as I always want to progress but there is something that pulls me back... Haven't got any new client now in the middle of the crisis... maybe your Advice could give me a glance of hope... I do not get any profit everytime I invest connects...

I'd really love to hear your feedback and get to know what I need to do to increase my hiring rate.

P*S. I do not used canned proposals, I write it with my sold purpose of targeting the needs of my clients and how can I be a great help

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lester, 

It would be best if you could on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. 

Additionally, you may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

As for having different skills, you may want to create a Specialized Profile. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
lesterb22
Community Member

I've been struggling to find client... I don't just think that being myself, telling my purpose, demonstrate skill would help. We are all affected but how do you get clients in times like this? I am losing hope I want to buy more connects but I do not think it is still worth it.

Please comment down any of your thoughts and feedback.

In such tough times, it's important to remember that others are struggling as well. It's ok!

In either case, view the Connects as a  cost of doing business - I never worry about buying them, to be honest.

oh hai I remember you.

Jennifer M wrote:

oh hai I remember you.

I remember him too. Seems like he asked this a million times already. 

Hi! I don't get any notifications about my post and that is why I keep asking because I thought my post are being archived. I apologise.

Lester, you've been posting about your struggles since 2018, so perhaps they have nothing to do with the Corona virus?

Yes... I am sorry for that... I can't seem to find a way how to resolve my problem as am not as good as everyone here

You might want to remove graphic designer from your profile. That's a super-competitive field... most people have to specialize within that... you can't be a VA and all those other things you list AND be a good graphic designer.

I can work with graphics too, and demonstrate my skills in other field as well. I catch up to things easily especially when I have nothing to do. I browse youtube and do e-Learning courses. Please help me how should I put it together?

lesterb22
Community Member

Hi! I'd like to know what makes a best possible introduction. I have done many revisions on my description. I also like to hear feedback from you and I'll pick up from there. 

Thank you

Those stretched and pixelated images in the porfolio surely scare people away.

How do I keep it at the best quality? I did it using Photoshop, and I still do have the raw files.

How do I keep its quality?

LB,

You may want to revise your profile copy at least one more. There are a number of simple language errors in it that cannot possibly inspire client confidence.

Also-

"Jack of all Trades" may not be the most effective presentation. It gives the impression that you aren't really sure of your professional expertise. You may want to be as specific as possible regarding the services that you CAN provide professionally, instead of trying to appeal to the widest but least specific range.

Work smart, work safe!

wb

kochubei_valeria
Community Member

Hi Lester, 

I've merged a few of your recent posts about the same topic into one thread. We occasionally do that in order to keep the Community organized and easier to use. Please, also note that you can access all of your previous posts in the Community by clicking on your picture in the upper right corner and going to My Profile. You can also subscribe to threads to be notified via email when others comment. 

All,

A few posts have been removed from this thread. Please, be mindful of the Community Guidelines and refrain from posting personal attacks and accusations of misconduct. 

~ Valeria
Upwork
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Lester, 

It would be best if you could on the freelancer resources we have compiled, for great tips and insights on how you can work successfully on the platform. 

Additionally, you may want to check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

As for having different skills, you may want to create a Specialized Profile. You may read more about it here.

~ Avery
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members