cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile Update Feedback

Tricia K Member Since: Jan 23, 2019
1 of 5

I have submitted several proposals that are in line with other projects I've done but haven't gotten a response. Is there someone who can view my proposals and/or profile and provide feedback. I feel like something is missing but can't figure out what.

Community Guru
Martina P Member Since: Jul 11, 2018
2 of 5

Tricia K wrote:

I have submitted several proposals that are in line with other projects I've done but haven't gotten a response. Is there someone who can view my proposals and/or profile and provide feedback. I feel like something is missing but can't figure out what.

Your proposals are not accessible to anyone but moderators, and they usually stay away from critiquing a freelancer. Make your profile public to it is visible. 

3 of 5

Thank you for the feedback.

Is my profile now public?  I"ve tried to make some changes and think it's public but I can't tell.

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
BEST ANSWER
4 of 5

Tricia K wrote:

Your profile looks ok, the two main things I noted:

One of my pet hates are profiles written in the third person - unless you are The Queen or Julius Caesar, write about yourself in the first person.  Anything else looks (to me) a little pompous and / or unapproachable. Upwork is about engaging the person you want to work with through your profile, and by putting up barriers such as speaking about yourself in the third person, you make that more difficult.

I also think you could do with a different, clearer, more approachable (smiling?)  profile picture.

5 of 5

Thank you for the feedback.  It's really helpful and I'll make your suggested changes.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS