cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View Drop in Stats

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
1 of 222

How many highly experienced Freeelancers have seen their Profile Views in Stats drop precipitouisly in the last few weeks?  Mine has gone from 60-70 to 7.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Community Guru
Phyllis G Member Since: Sep 8, 2016
2 of 222

Couldn't tell you--I rarely look at it. It's one of the metrics I think is impossible to parse because so many variables operate on it, including where I am in UW's algorithmic rotation to show up near the top of search results.

Community Guru
Baris A Member Since: Mar 15, 2017
3 of 222

Mine goes from 1 to 5 to 1 repeatedly.

Community Guru
Yeasir A Member Since: May 16, 2017
4 of 222

Well, I also had a big drop from 41 to 36 to 2 !

Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
5 of 222

Who really cares? The search feature is so flawed that it is a miracle we get seen at all. The graph is more like  an ECG. We could flatline at any minute or spring back into life - but nobody knows why. 

Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
6 of 222

Joseph C wrote:

How many highly experienced Freeelancers have seen their Profile Views in Stats drop precipitouisly in the last few weeks?  Mine has gone from 60-70 to 7.

I'm with Phyllis and Nichola on this ... I rarely look at my stats and for the most part I question the validity of the numbers; especially since lately I question everything about the way Upwork operates on this platform. 

Smiley Indifferent

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
7 of 222

It fluctuates because profile visibility is rotated but... yes

indeed.jpg

Community Guru
Jennifer R Member Since: Sep 15, 2017
8 of 222

I once had a +1000%. I wish I had taken screenshot then. But I also like look of +11% in this graph.

Screenshot 2019-02-23 22.25.30.png

Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
9 of 222

MODS,

As the responses to this thread clearly shows, responding  Freelancers, many of them Community Gurus, are reporting unexplained major declines in the Stats - Number of Profile Views for the last week.

Curiously, this occured right away the "Missing Stats" for all of us reappeared.

It is worth taking a look at.  The confidence of many of us in UW reporting is being affected by this co-incidence.

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
Community Leader
Mahmudur R Member Since: Jan 14, 2014
10 of 222

Hello, I received the following email (attachment#01) from Upwork.

So I did as they asked.

Now I am finding my Marketing effectiveness not working. It's showing zero for some days (attachment#02). I recently opened an agency. Don't understand why this is happening with me suddenly and how to fix it. Please advise. 

Attachment_02.png

Mahmud
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS