Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
91 of 222

Petra R wrote:

Joseph C wrote:

Now I am flatlined. - dead - 0 views

flatlined.jpg

Me too Smiley Happy

Just checked -- me too! 0 views ... now come on, it can't be denied that something strange is going on that's affecting most (?) of us.

(Thanks, Valeria, for addressing my questions.)

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
92 of 222

I was going to say something about how you shouldn't look at those stats because so many things affect it -- and I have so many questions about views ... If you view your own profile logged out (or even logged in), does it count as a view? Do views include people who visit your profile through the forums? Does repeatedly visiting a profile within a short period of time (e.g., within 1, 5, 15 minutes) count as one view or separate views? etc.

But then I checked my stats, and like others I had a sharp decrease in early Feb, and it's still going down. Maybe something is going on?

profile view decline.png

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
93 of 222

Your profile was discovered 0 times last week. (-100% from the previous week)

Sigh again.
mtngigi
Community Guru
Virginia F Member Since: Feb 15, 2016
94 of 222

Mary W wrote:

Your profile was discovered 0 times last week. (-100% from the previous week)

Sigh again.

Aw, Mary ... I just went and looked at your profile. Let me know if that helps any. Smiley Tongue

jmccpa
Community Guru
Joseph C Member Since: Jan 22, 2016
95 of 222

Mary,

Bless your heart.

II couldn't resis,t but I mean it.

No doubt in my mind this is yet another UW bug.

Joe

Joseph M. C. ,P.C., CPA/ABV
mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
96 of 222

Joe, bless your heart right back.  Given my field of endeavor, I never have a lot of views anyway and 99% of my invitations are suitable for lawyers, but not for paralegals.  Or they want either patent or immigration experience of which I have none.

wendy_writes
Community Guru
Wendy C Member Since: Aug 24, 2015
97 of 222

Isabelle's questions deserve answers.  Just for FWIW.  Without that knowledge the stat is nebulous at best ...

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
98 of 222

Mary W wrote:

Joe, bless your heart right back.  Given my field of endeavor, I never have a lot of views anyway and 99% of my invitations are suitable for lawyers, but not for paralegals.  Or they want either patent or immigration experience of which I have none.

I'm jelly at how you're killing it on LinkedIn. I did get 2 great leads from people who directly contacted me. One of them I'm kicking myself for losing because he contacted me at 8pm and I had already been drinking and waited until morning but it was too late. BOO. Oh well, such is life.

elastella
Community Guru
Ela K Member Since: Feb 9, 2015
99 of 222

My profile views have dropped down to ZERO frequently in the past 6 months. And stayed like that for several days in a row. But then again, I've never had more than 18. Ever. 

My invites have also reached a new low: 12 in the past 90 days. When before I got 20-30/month. That combined with Upwork's recent shenanigans plus unrealistic client expectations equals good times indeed.

ETA: It's been 0 views now for the third day in a row. 

colettelewis
Community Guru
Nichola L Member Since: Mar 13, 2015
100 of 222

Whether this has anything to do with the "graph", I couldn't possibly say, but I've had lots of invites nearly always for the wrong language pair (and so possibly, I get  more viewings). Upwork needs to work on the language  categories and the  attendant (necessary) language pairs.   

If a very well-known, very successful language platform can do it, then Upwork could possibly do it too; I have to say, though, that  this seems to be even more doubtful now than it was nearly ten years ago when I joined. In fact when Upwork was oDesk, languages and their pairings were more precise than they are now. 

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS