Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile View Drop in Stats

purplepony
Community Guru
Pat M Member Since: Jun 18, 2016
21 of 222

Rafsun, evidently this feature has been broken since the end of February.  Upwork is aware of it and supposedly has been working on it.

Also, in case you're not aware when things are working by design Profile views are done in a rotation.  Therefore there's times when some receive more views than others.  That also means there's times yours will receive more views than others.  

allergywriter
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
22 of 222

Pat:

I used to believe the rotation thing was true. It seems like I would get a flood of invites, then back to the normal of maybe 5 to 7 a week (about one a day).

Last week I received the first invite in ages from someone that wasn't an existing client. Seriously, I mean like since sometime in January or February. It was like I feel out of the rotation. I was starting to get concerned, because invites are where I get most new clients on this platform....not the job feed.

I finally did get one invite and landed the job, but I haven't had one since.

I'm not suspicious by nature, but I am starting to think that something was accidently changed and Top Rated freelancers aren't getting as much exposure. I don't think it was on purpose, but I do think like dominos, one change was made and it had a cascading affect.

purplepony
Community Guru
23 of 222

Cheryl,

Evidently it's not working as supposedly was originally designed.  As you know, many of us are well acquainted with how one change can negatively impact other aspects. Smiley Frustrated  I'm Top Rated as well ;but since I'm on a long-term project, I have my account set to not available and profile visibility set to UW users only.  As a result, I'm not noticing occurrences others are.  BTW-Congrats on your project! 

allergywriter
Community Guru
Cheryl K Member Since: Jul 16, 2015
24 of 222

Oddly enough, as soon as the graph was "fixed" the problem with invites resolved itself. Received another one last night. While I don't expect the type of transparency that includes public responsibility creating and resolving an error, I am grateful that it is resolved. 

alexandernovikov
Community Guru
Alexander N Member Since: Dec 28, 2008
25 of 222

Don't want to disrupt these conspiracy theories, but i did receive a couple invitations in the time when stats was clearly broken.

mwiggenhorn
Community Guru
Mary W Member Since: Nov 10, 2014
26 of 222
I actually received a ton more invitations than usual during the period
that the stats were broken. Some were even appropriate!
petra_r
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
27 of 222

Pat M wrote:

Evidently it's not working as supposedly was originally designed.

This is Upwork... "as designed" is always relative...

it's not a bug, promise! It's a feature.it's not a bug, promise! It's a feature.

rafsun_ug
Community Guru
Rafsun S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
28 of 222

Thank you Pat! But I am really very worried that why I am not getting new clients! Why I am not calling for interview or not getting fair invitation from a couple of months! It wasn't like this before! I was getting good jobs here and I honestly love this platform! It helps me to do my dream job professionally! But what's wrong I am doing here for that I am not getting expected jobs from a long time? I thought and researched a lot about this but I am not getting any proper reason from my side! Is this could be a reason of Upwork system? I really really need a good advice! Thanks again!

purplepony
Community Guru
29 of 222

Rafsun S wrote:

Thank you Pat! But I am really very worried that why I am not getting new clients! Why I am not calling for interview or not getting fair invitation from a couple of months! It wasn't like this before! I was getting good jobs here and I honestly love this platform! It helps me to do my dream job professionally! But what's wrong I am doing here for that I am not getting expected jobs from a long time? I thought and researched a lot about this but I am not getting any proper reason from my side! Is this could be a reason of Upwork system? I really really need a good advice! Thanks again!

Rafsun, you're welcome.  Unfortunately none of us can answer your questions/concerns with certainty.  

There can be highs and lows with freelancing---busier times and slower times.  My advice to you is to realize that and not let it get you down.  Just "keep on keeping on," and you'll be just fine. 

asifasr
Asif R Member Since: Dec 10, 2016
30 of 222

Hello Upwork Community,

I am a bit confused. My profile was discovered 0 times from the last 3 weeks. I don't know what's happening with my profile? Can anyone please visit my profile and let me know what is wrong with my profile? 

Also, I have attached a screenshot of my profile stats.

Screenshot_3.png

Please help me out. I really appreciate your advice.

Thank you in advance.

Asif

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS