🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Profile Visibility and Stats
Page options
db88beba
Community Member

Profile Visibility and Stats

Hey everyone,

I have applied to more than 6 jobs and it seems that my profile is hidden or just not fully approved yet.

I haven’t received any reply from the job posters and no profile views at all.

Can any moderator check if something is wrongly with my account please?

Best regards
ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdellatif, 

I can confirm that your profile's visibility is set to public, and I was able to view your profile. 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
yitwail
Community Member

I’m not a moderator but I can see your profile no problem. You’re a Lebanese AI Engineer | Cloud Architect with a $40/hr rate. FYI, if you’re looking at profile views in My Stats, those only record when the profile is viewed as a result of a freelancer search and not by way of your proposals.

Hi John,

Thank you so much for the explanation and confirming that you can see my profile.

Best,

Abdellatif Eid.

AveryO
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Abdellatif, 

I can confirm that your profile's visibility is set to public, and I was able to view your profile. 

I would recommend that you check out these articles from our Hiring Headquarters to help you create proposals that win jobs, and help you boost your career on Upwork: 

Hopefully, this helps you with your Upwork career. Good luck!

~ Avery
Upwork
db88beba
Community Member

Dear Avery,

Thank you for posting and helping me out.

These articles will surely be a good starting point. However, I have already done similar things (that make sense!) and I took a high score on the Upwork Readiness Test.

However, I still have a few questions if you could please help:

1. If I send a proposal for a job, and after some time, this job gets removed, do I get my connects back?
  2. Is there a way to know if the poster of the job has seen my proposal?
  3. Is there a way to know if the poster of the job has rejected my proposal?

Best regards,

Abdellatif Eid.

Hi Abdellatif,

1. We will return Connects when a client closes their job without hiring or we find a job post has violated our Terms of Service.

2. At the moment we don't have this option. 

3. Clients have the option the decline your proposal and select a reason when they are doing so. Once they`ve used this option the freelancer will receive an email notification. 

Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Dear Goran,

Thank you so much for your detailed answers.

As for the third response, so it's not mandatory for them to do so, right? They can leave it as it is, hire someone, and never let me know, right?

varungs
Community Member

Yes. Clients have no obligation to inform all candidates that the job has been taken. They will likely only send you a message if you are being considered for the role; otherwise they'll just ignore your proposal. Some are nice enough to click the "decline" button and provide a reason. In that case, you'll get an email and a notification.

db88beba
Community Member

Thank you so much!

I guess it is a bit tough to get at least one interview for a potential hiring.

I will keep trying though.

Thank you everyone!

I submitted a proposal and the employer still cannot view my profile. Please unhide. Thank you. 

Hi Robbins,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Please check this help article to learn more about how you can avoid having your profile automatically set to private.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hi, Robbin T

if you’re looking at profile views in My Stats, those only record when the profile is viewed as a result of a freelancer search and not by way of your proposals and make sure your profile visibility "PUBLIC".

Hi Team,

I have been applying to multiple job posts, but I'm not sure if my profile is visible to the person who had posted the job as my profile visibility is set to Locked Private. I'm not quite sure how to change this and at least get some feedback from experinced Upwork Freelancers.

I'd appreciate if you can help me with this.

Thanks

Ashish

Hi Ashish,

Your profile visibility has been updated. Going forward, if your profile is set to private again, you can use the options listed in this help article to set it back to public.

Thank you!

~ Bojan
Upwork
5dbbefb9
Community Member

Hello, 

Could you please help me get my account visibility set to public again ? 

Thank you

BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Your profile visibility has been updated, Hiba.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Latest Articles
Featured Topics
Learning Paths