🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile discovered 0 Times (Top rated, regula...
Page options
anniedesigns
Community Member

Profile discovered 0 Times (Top rated, regularly send proposals)

The weirdest thing happened, I've been on upwork from almost a year and since the very very beginning I never had such a case, 0 people discovered my profile last week, Even though I'm top-rated and I send  proposals regularly and I usually have on avarage 20 people discover it every week.

What is going on? Is that a bug? it can't be because not a single new client has texted me so must be right but is there anything wrong with my account that doesn't show up in proposals or searches?

has it ever happened to anyone?

29 REPLIES 29
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Ana,

I would like to clarify that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered. Please keep in mind that your views from proposals are not counted under the "Profile Discovered" metric. This number will increase only when a client has found your profile through a search result. 

I also checked your account and was not able to locate any problems/issues at the moment. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

I think it just stopped working again. I see same problem. Profile discovery rate metric simply failed as it did several times before - shows zero while i know it is not zero because i am getting invited almost daily.

Also JSS update hasn't happened yesterday as it should've been.

Yeah, it stopped working again.

rkwily
Community Member

my profile views are constantly 0 for last week not getting invitation for any client.

Hi Ravi,

I've shared your concern with the team. One of our agents will reach out and assist you directly via a support ticket.

~ Joanne
Upwork
9002991b
Community Member

Hello, is there a bug or glitch right now causing no profile views?

Hi Dale, 

I would like to confirm that we don't currently have any known issues affecting Profile Views metric. If you're experiencing any errors or issues, please let us know and provide more details so that we can assist you accordingly. 

~ Nikola
Upwork

Although I continue to submit proposals and actively try to get jobs, my stats page shows that my profile has been discovered 0 times for the past two weeks. I am worried that my account is showing as inactive or has some kind of issue because I have always had some account discovery every week until now. How can I check to make sure that there are no issues on my account? 

Hi Yuliya,

I checked and your profile views display correctly. The profile views stats refers to the number of distinct people who have viewed your profile tile in search results daily, in the past 30 days (not per week). 

You may check these great topics in our Resource Corner to help you enhance your Profile: 

Here are some additional tips on how to grab attention by writing a great Overview and set yourself apart from the competition.

Good luck! 

~ Bojan
Upwork

Also facing the same issue. From 22 Feb my profile views dropping. Now, this week got zero views and no invites. 

Is it any technical problem?

Hi Md Hassan,

I just checked, and it looks like your profile views are correct. The profile views stats refer to the number of distinct people who have viewed your profile tile in search results daily, in the past 30 days (not per week). 

~ Joanne
Upwork
BojanS
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi All,

This issue has been resolved and the information showing for Profile Views on the My Stats page is now up-to-date. 

Thank you for your patience. 

~ Bojan
Upwork

On my page it still shows up as 0, for the 2nd consecutive week which has never ever happened before even when I first started out.

I'm worried my account has an issue, i haven't received invitation in FOREVER and nobody is getting in touch with me.

Please get back to me

Ana G wrote:

On my page it still shows up as 0, for the 2nd consecutive week which has never ever happened before even when I first started out.

It's broken. Everyone's view-counter says 0. Mine says 0, but I still get invites, so it isn't affecting profile visibility

zero.png

Hello, the same happened to me. 0 views , but I did receive invites (and comments regarding my profile which has clearly been opened).

I hope that this helps, thanks for your ongoing support 😉

Hello Deborah, what do you mean comments about your profile?

Nothing sinister, I simply meant that I received invites and potential clients shared kind words re. my profile, which means that they opened it and read it. They key topic of my question regards the stats on views. 

Hi Ana and Petra,

Thanks for the reports. I checked your stats and do see the discrepancy with the profile view information displayed there. I'll ask our Engineering team to take a closer look in order to confirm whether the same issue is still affecting this specific metric. We'll follow up with an update soon, apologies for the frustration this issue is causing you.

~ Vladimir
Upwork

Vladimir G wrote:

I'll ask our Engineering team to take a closer look in order to confirm whether the same issue is still affecting this specific metric. 

Vlad, it clearly is. I have never, ever had 0 views, let alone 2 weeks running. And I HAVE had invies, so I can't have had 0 views.

Vladimir G wrote:

apologies for the frustration this issue is causing you.

It's causing me no frustration whatsoever at all 🙂 I don't really care how many people are viewing my profile, all I care about is that they can find it, which they can.

petra_r
Community Member

Bojan S wrote:

This issue has been resolved and the information showing for Profile Views on the My Stats page is now up-to-date. 

No, it hasn't and no, it isn't.

Mine shows 0 and I've had invites, so it can't possibly be resolved or up-to-date.

a_lipsey
Community Member

Petra R wrote:

Bojan S wrote:

No, it hasn't and no, it isn't.

Mine shows 0 and I've had invites, so it can't possibly be resolved or up-to-date.

Just confirming mine is also showing 0 for the second week in a row, and that's very odd since I'm in a busy season and my invites are increasing. 

Mine is zero for the last 2 weeks as well.  

The stuff still broken tbh.

A broken keyboard with no vowels works better. 

chakrabortyprac
Community Member

Hello people!
I had been applying on several jobs from last two weeks! Applied on more than 10jobs last week! But its showing 0 profile views on last 2 weeks! Is it normal?! Never happened before. Whenver I used to submit proposal, then the next week I have some views usually!
How is it possible that no one have viewed my profile after submitting more than 10proposals! !?
Help please.
Thanks.

(A) There's a bug, and (B) Clients who view your profile when you send them a proposal don't count towards your stats anyway (it only counts when clients find you through a search).

0rbit360
Community Member

Hi Goran V  

In my stats, I saw this issue ... Your profile was discovered 0 times last week.....  

could you please help me? 

Best

Muhammad Taimoor

Community Member

I'm a new seller on Upwork. I've completed about 8 jobs so far with 5-star ratings but all of a sudden last week my profile visibility dropped to zero. The conversion rate on my proposals is also zero let alone receiving invites. Can Upwork support check into the matter? or can any of you who've experienced the same suggest why this may be happening. My profile is set to public and I keep polishing it from time to time. 

petra_r
Community Member

Danyal S wrote:

I'm a new seller on Upwork. I've completed about 8 jobs so far with 5-star ratings but all of a sudden last week my profile visibility dropped to zero. 

The counter is broken.

Profile views are happening as usual, but aren't displayed. It's not you, it's a bug.

shabbir112
Community Member

Hello, my profile views are dropping and went to zero in the past two week. how can I improve that to get views and interview invitations ?

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members