munish001

Profile duplication

Hello,

My organisation has created my Upwork account under their organisation. But now I want to create my seperate freelancer account. is it possible to create same accounts with the diffrent approach?

Please let me know.

Thanks

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
aocumen

Hi Munish, 

I checked your account and can see that you are no longer affiliated with the agency you are referring to. You should be able to work as a freelancer and start bidding for jobs on the platform.

~ Avery
Upwork

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
lysis10

delete the organization one and make your own, so when you quit or get fired you can part and move on to your own projects

they can invite you to their team, so there is no reason you need to use theiirs and it's a violation anyway but I know some enterprise clients do it

aocumen

Hi Munish, 

I checked your account and can see that you are no longer affiliated with the agency you are referring to. You should be able to work as a freelancer and start bidding for jobs on the platform.

~ Avery
Upwork

the right info helps -_-

ignore what I said then. I thought his employer created the account and they had the email/access.

munish001

Thanks Jennifer & Avery,

I got your point but the actual problem is with one of my friend's account. he is working with the same organisation so he can't force them to delete his company profile.

Is there any option in upwork so individuel person can create his freelancer ID and organisation will use the ID asscociated with them.

After that it will be under organisation and other one as freelancer. 

Please let me know.

Thanks

@Munish S wrote:

I got your point but the actual problem is with one of my friend's account. he is working with the same organisation so he can't force them to delete his company profile.

Is there any option in upwork so individuel person can create his freelancer ID and organisation will use the ID asscociated with them.

After that it will be under organisation and other one as freelancer.

Your friend needs to access his profile and leave the agency. The agency does not own the profile, your friend does, and your friend must not create a new profile when he already has one. The agency has no rights to his profile at all, obviously.

There is NO legitimate reason for an agency to use a profile of a person who no longer works with them, and any attempt to lock your friend out of his profile and hang on to it is a serious policy violation.

Your friend, however, needs to resolve that matter himself with the agency and with Upwork, you are not allowed to discuss a third person's account issues here.