cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile error message.

Community Guru
Kathy T Member Since: Jul 17, 2015
1 of 7

After mirgrating my account from Elance to Upwork a few weeks ago, I had no problems. My profile is 90% complete and I have been submitting proposals.

A week ago, after I logged in I found this error message "Oops, looks like we don't know enough about you to recommend specific jobs. Tell us more about yourself by adding information to your profile and start applying to jobs."

Has anyone else experienced this?

I contacted support and was told to clear my cache and try a differrent browser. When that didn't solve the problem I contacted live chat and was told that it was a bug and that the Upwork engineers were working on it. (That was last week)

Today I contacted supprt to get an update on the status of when that bug would be fixed. The message I got back states, "I have checked this error and found out that you need to submit proposals." That makes no sense since I've been submitted proposals. In fact I have 3 opens ones now.

Is this how Customer Support works on this site?

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
2 of 7

Yes that's how they work unfortunately. 

I suspect there are just not enough jobs in the categories you have chosen. Try adding a few more and make sure to use some keywords in your Overview. 

Also you need to fill in the rest of your profile. At the moment only your Overview is showing.

I've had it happen and that usually fixed the issue for me.

Community Guru
3 of 7

Don't know what's going on.  When I came on here from Elance, I had a bunch of "recommended" jobs. In fact I posted if there was a way to delete them. I click on the X and they disappear, but when I log back in there are there again. I guess I got my answer. Now I don't have any listed, not even the ones that were there before.

My profile is 90% filled. I don't understand that you can only see my overview as I (when I view my profile) can see not only my overview, but my work history, my past employments, my certifications and my education.

And I have a bunch of categories listed. At least 15. and at least 6 keywords.

Guess it's time to contact customer service again.

Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
4 of 7

For 100%, I did 2 tests after I transferred.

Community Guru
5 of 7

Don't need at the moment, for my profile to be 100%. Everything was just fine, working etc until a week ago. Are you saying, that unless my profile is at 100% no jobs will be recommended to me, even though when I joined and created my profile, there were at least 20 recommended jobs listed.

Community Guru
Jean S Member Since: Oct 22, 2007
6 of 7

This is all I see when I go to your profile. Since it's public I assume it's ok to put it here. I see 6 categories and there is nothing below the Overview. If you Right Click and view in a new window it's much larger for you to see.

Kathy.jpg

Community Guru
Angela L Member Since: Oct 20, 2009
7 of 7

That's all I see as well when I look at the public profile, but when I search her name and look at her profile in a "logged-in view" I see the job history, certifications, etc.

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS