Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile got blocked without having negative reviews

siddheshmehta
Siddhesh M Member Since: Sep 28, 2017
1 of 5

Hello Guys,

Me and friends is working as a freelancer on upwork since past few years. Our profile has decent ratings and good earnings (above 5K$). i am having steady projects going on but my friend had difficult time getting more projects.

He was constantly bidding but got no success. Suddenly one day he got a mail from upwork stating that his profile will be blocked. The reason they gave is as follows. They said that there are so many similar profiled like this on upwork and they want genieun freelancers.

My question is inspite of having no negative reviews and earnings more then 5k how can they block the profile?

Now when my friend is trying to log into upwork he is also not able to get the option to post his concern in community.

Also, please let me know if there is any other way to activate the profile again. can we buy the paid account and ask them to start again? please guide me on this.

Thanks
siddhesh

lysis10
Community Guru
Jennifer M Member Since: May 17, 2015
2 of 5

what do you mean "we?" You've had 2 jobs this year and you aren't a part of an agency.

jmlaidlaw
Community Guru
Janean L Member Since: Apr 6, 2016
3 of 5

@Siddesh --

First, understand that no one who works officially with Upwork will engage in any meaningful conversation with YOU about your FRIEND's situation.

Second:   This suggests to me that your friend's profile was copied from another freelancer's information:  "They said that there are so many similar profiled like this on upwork and they want genieun freelancers."  If they had not said "genuine," then I might have thought that your friend was simply offering services in an area that is over-saturated.

Either way -- whether your friend is unsuccessfully attempting to sell services that are in over-supply, or whether your friend has "borrowed" a profile not his  own -- your friend has rightly been given the boot. (I assume that the "$5K" earnings you mention are yours, not his, right? You are conflating things a bit? You went rather freely from "his" to "our" and your message was confusing.)

This is not a platform where your friend is destined to find success.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
4 of 5

Siddhesh,

Unfortunately, we won't be able to discuss your friend's account status here in the Community. Please, refer your friend to the notification the team sent about the account suspension.

Thank you.

~ Valeria
Upwork
jojomo
Community Leader
Joëlle O Member Since: Jan 25, 2013
5 of 5

Hi Siddhesh,

First of all -- that's very nice of you to inquire about this issue on your friends behalf.

I don't understand why some people in the community feel the need to be so rude to you -- I see this type of behavior very often on this forum and I find it downright appalling and disrespectful. Some people feel like just because they are successful on the platform it gives them the right to talk down to certain people (especially if they aren't native english speakers!) and I'm sorry you have to deal with that.

You are simply asking a question and I will answer it (in a nice, non-confrontational way unlike some people in this thread)

You should definitely follow Valeria's advice and have your friend contact support through the email they sent him... even though you are trying to help your friend, he would be better off trying to contact support himself.

Best of luck to you and your friend!

TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS