🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile invisibility
Page options
c5aa6de2
Community Member

Profile invisibility

Recently I checked my stats on how many views I had and it dropped to zero. I searched my name out and I saw my profile is not appearing on the search bar. Tried different keywords and still nothing. Like I'm completely invisible. Please help!

2 REPLIES 2
759e32fa

Hi Adams,

I was able to find your account after searching for "Adams M" and setting the location to Nigeria.

759e32fa_0-1676389356000.png

Please know that clients do not search for freelancers' names on the marketplace. They search the marketplace with keywords that describe the role they're looking to fill in their projects like "Virtual Assistant," "SEO Expert," and "Translator." Not unless you've worked with them in the past so they know you but they will just most likely go back to your old contract or chat history to look for your profile and then invite you to apply for their opening.

Also, various factors go into search results, and results may differ over time, partly to allow more freelancers a chance to be discovered. Some considerations may include Freelancer skills, experience, platform ratings, and other elements geared toward determining a potential match for the client’s job.

Our search is based on several factors that continue to evolve. We cannot disclose exactly what makes up the rules for a search order, and those rules are likely to change, so any specific advice we could give you would be short-lived. Search is no longer mainly static, meaning it always stays the same. Depending on marketplace activity across jobs and contractors, a contractor's search position will likely ebb and flow.

Some sound principles to remember for ranking well in search are as follows:
  • Do good work for clients and establish good long-term relationships on Upwork.
  • Only apply to jobs to which you are qualified.
  • Be accurate in showcasing your abilities & skills on your contractor profile.

~ AJ
Upwork
c5aa6de2
Community Member

Thank you.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members