🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile is well prepared, but not getting lis...
Page options
jayawardhane-sup
Community Member

Profile is well prepared, but not getting listed in recommended freelancers

Hi. One of my friend post a job in upwork related to structural engineering which i'm speciallized at. I contact him out of upwork because i know him. but when i go through his job posting i found that my profile is not visibe to him in the invite list. But i saw there are many profiles without proper qualifications and descriptions than me. Some job applicants doesn't have a good profile but they have been choose as best matches. I have spend lot of time to my profile and this seems bit off and no point of showcasting my work. 
In his freelancer invite lisit i had to search by my name to find me, then it says i have only done 200$ work in civil engineering but actually i had been doing more work than that. 
What is the reason for these things? 
My profile is https://www.upwork.com/freelancers/~0181d73e7ed818929a

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
petra_r
Community Member

Supun J wrote:

In his freelancer invite lisit i had to search by my name to find me,

What are you doing in your "friend's" client account? 

Profile visibility is rotated, so everyone gets a chance to be found, but people with a low JSS will not feature high in searches as often as people with a decent JSS.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
petra_r
Community Member

Supun J wrote:

In his freelancer invite lisit i had to search by my name to find me,

What are you doing in your "friend's" client account? 

Profile visibility is rotated, so everyone gets a chance to be found, but people with a low JSS will not feature high in searches as often as people with a decent JSS.

lysis10
Community Member

uh oh. I kinda always wondered how many of the banned for NO REASON people got caught getting "friends" to hire them.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members