🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile link only shows old jobs
Page options
nelmaff
Community Member

Profile link only shows old jobs

Hi!

My profile link only shows old jobs (2-3 years ago). My profile is always set to public, so why shouldn't newer jobs show up. This doesn't look good for new prospects or anyone clicking the link.

How can I change this?

Thank you!

Nancy M.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
nelmaff
Community Member

Thank you., Petra.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
petra_r
Community Member

Nancy L M wrote:

My profile link only shows old jobs (2-3 years ago). My profile is always set to public, so why shouldn't newer jobs show up.

They do show on your profile when clients are logged in.

Some don't show when clients are not logged in.

Basically, the public visibility of your contracts depends on how the job posts they originated from were set. Contracts from job posts that were set to "public" are visible to everyone, just as the job posts were.

Contracts that originated from job posts that were set to "Upwork users only" or "private" can't be shown publicly as that would violate the privacy choices made by the clients at the time of posting the jobs.

Be assured that all your history shows to people who are logged into their Upwork account and in general, Upwork clients ARE logged in their accounts while they look for freelancers.

nelmaff
Community Member

Hi Petra,

I included my profile link in my work email, so many of the recipients won't be logged into Upwork. I did it as a marketing tool, but if it doesn't include a lot of my jobs, it's not good to include it. 

Is there any way to fix this?

Thank you,

Nancy

petra_r
Community Member

Nancy L M wrote:

Is there any way to fix this?

There is nothing to fix as such. It's working as designed. That's basically the way it has to be for privacy reasons.

nelmaff
Community Member

Thank you., Petra.

873a09f8
Community Member

On your home page under Jobs you might Like , There is a Best matches and Most recent, Have you ever tried to toggle between the two?

petra_r
Community Member

Tinashe T wrote:

On your home page under Jobs you might Like , There is a Best matches and Most recent, Have you ever tried to toggle between the two?

That has absolutely nothing, in any way, at all to do with how someone receiving the link to a freelancer's profile sees a freelancer's work history, which is what Nancy is asking about.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members