🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile not appearing in search
Page options
e_wignall
Community Member

Profile not appearing in search

My profile is not appearing in search results even when I specify my exact skills e.g. 'Python developer OpenCV' or 'Python developer OpenCV Django' and narrow the search to only the UK. The search finds copywriters and various other unrelated professionals but not me.

The only way I can find my profile is if I specify my name along with keywords. When I do this my profile appears, but it is only suggested because of my work history and I still appear below a professional working in an unrelated field (see screenshot).

I would really appreciate some help with this issue! Ed

ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Edward W wrote:

I still find it strange that the search has not matched my profile it has matched my job history.. I have a job which includes the term 'python developer' in the title. If I did not have that it seems my profile would not appear

No, it appeared because that's your profile title. The profile title is the most reliable thing to search for.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
g_vasilevski
Retired Team Member
Retired Team Member

Hi Edward,

Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered.

I would also like to clarify that freelancers and clients have different search filters/results. I just searched for your profile with a client profile and was able to locate it. Thank you.

~ Goran
Upwork

Hi Goran. Thanks for getting back so quickly. I understand that profiles are on rotation which may put me higher/lower depending on where I am. But I cannot find my profile at all without including my name.

I just have two questions to clarify - if you have time. Did you find my profile by searching just with keywords or did you include my name? And did my profile include the 'suggested because they worked on x results related to your search' tag?

Thanks again for your help. Ed

With some filters you appear in first place without the addition of your name. Also, the searches you ran weren't your title...

Edward.png

hi petra. thanks so much for your help. this has really eased my mind! rapid response appreciated

I still find it strange that the search has not matched my profile it has matched my job history.. I have a job which includes the term 'python developer' in the title. If I did not have that it seems my profile would not appear

Edward W wrote:

No, it appeared because that's your profile title. The profile title is the most reliable thing to search for.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members