Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile not being activated

iaabraham
Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
11 of 36

Can we get an official response here? Please tell me that this is a terrible bug and not a "revamp" of our profiles!

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
12 of 36

Isabelle, I don't want to mistreat a dead horse, but, just once, wouldn't it be nice if there was a pre-annoucement before making a change to the site, along the lines of,

We will be doing this & that tomorrow for such & such reasons. We apologize in advance for any disruption this may cause.

13 of 36
John, in a perfect world...
oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
14 of 36

@John K wrote:

Isabelle, I don't want to mistreat a dead horse, but, just once, wouldn't it be nice if there was a pre-annoucement before making a change to the site, along the lines of,

We will be doing this & that tomorrow for such & such reasons. We apologize in advance for any disruption this may cause.

I guess Upwork thought that it was not worth taking the time to let us know. But Upwork has just announced a "Job Application Language Change".

No comments.

kochubei_valeria
Community Manager
Valeria K Community Manager Member Since: Mar 6, 2014
15 of 36

Hi All,

I would like to confirm that the updates to the freelancer profile were introduced to enable freelancers to better highlight their skills and expertise. The changes include cutting edge design tools to edit different sections.

If you need to edit your profile, you can hover your mouse over a section of your profile and then click on the pencil icon to edit it. Once done editing, click Save. When you do not hover your mouse over any section, you see your profile as others see it.

Other than that there was no change in functionality.

~ Valeria
Upwork
oquintela
Community Guru
Olga Q Member Since: Sep 5, 2012
16 of 36

@Valeria K wrote:

[…] When you do not hover your mouse over any section, you see your profile as others see it. […]

I apologize but you're totally wrong, Valeria. I am now uncapable of viewing my profile as others see it (even if I choose the 'View my profile as others see it' under Profile Settings). My profile now shows all the tests I took on Upwork. In order to know how others see my page, I had to spend nearly 1 hour live chatting this afternoon. I had to change browser, select my tests again and ask your agent to show me how others view my page. Is this 'cutting edge' tools?

iaabraham
Community Guru
17 of 36
Valeria, I'm sorry - but this is a bug. I have the same problems as Olga and my job history order is completely messed up.
kugrin
Community Guru
Krisztina U Member Since: Aug 7, 2009
18 of 36

@Valeria K wrote:

The changes include cutting edge design tools to edit different sections.

Could you please elaborate on the cutting-edge bit because I am unable to find it. I see a jumbled portfolio, a very difficult to read profile, and edit boxes that use different font sizes.

I am not sure what this obsession with decreasing font sizes for no apparent reason is all about, but your dev team's font anorexia should be treated because if we continue like this, we'll be at font size 2 by September.

stephenbrightman
Community Guru
Stephen B Member Since: Dec 4, 2012
19 of 36

If I was cynical I'd think that they had realised someone had made a massive boo-boo in the source code for the page, and are now running round like headless chickens trying to fix it.

But no, of course not - cutting edge it is. Right.

yitwail
Community Guru
John K Member Since: Feb 17, 2015
20 of 36

@Stephen B wrote:

If I was cynical I'd think that they had realised someone had made a massive boo-boo in the source code for the page, and are now running round like headless chickens trying to fix it.

But no, of course not - cutting edge it is. Right.

Well, if there were chickens coming home to roost, then cutting edge might be just the ticket.