🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Re: Profile not showing in search results eve...
Page options
Peter B Community Member

Profile not showing in search results even when search by name

A while ago I stopped receiving invitations to apply for jobs at all. So I decided to check for my profile in the search results. To my surprise I didn't find it, I tried searching by name, title, skills, etc. But there was no use. I also tried to apply all the filters possible to minimize the search results outcome, and even though I went page by page, I didn't find my profile. 

When I tried to contact support, They informed me that everything was ok and I don't have to worry. but I still don't know how this is possible to disappear from the search completely.

Also I know about the rotation thing in search results, I understood that it is concerning the order of the appearance in the results not whether a profile appears or not.

So I am looking for a solution or an explanation of this if someone have any.

Thanks in advance for your help.

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Goran V Retired Team Member

Hi Peter,

I just searched for your name with no additional filters, and you were listed on the second page of the results.
As we have explained before on these boards, search results depend on many factors such as who is searching, when, whether the search is done for a posted job or not. Additionally, the results are rotated to make sure as many qualified freelancers as possible have a chance to be noticed. Your profile can show on the first page when a client runs a search today but not tomorrow.

~ Goran
Upwork

View solution in original post

137 REPLIES 137
Santiago V Community Member

Well, I'm not sure if you changed your profile since the time this post was made, but you are not showing up. 
Searched from my freelancer and client profile and you didnt show up.

The only 2 matches for Ritaban D are:

Ritaban C.

Machine Learning Engineer, Data Engineer

Ritaban S.

Data entry.

Atif A Community Member

Hi Upwork Team, 

I am not able to see my profile under my profile title keywords research in the Upwork Talent Search section even I filtered it with my location and name but this is really strange I can not see my profile. I went up to the last page of the results but could not find my name. 

Is there any wrong with my profile? 

Your support and assistance will be much appreciated. 

Thank you.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Atif,

I just searched for your profile by name and title and was able to locate it. Please keep in mind that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone has a fair chance to be discovered. 

~ Nikola
Kloi C Community Member

I'm also having this same issue, all my settings are said to public, and my profile is 100 percent complete yet I can find myself on Upwork.

Martina P Community Member

Ayda G wrote:

I'm also having this same issue, all my settings are said to public, and my profile is 100 percent complete yet I can find myself on Upwork.

It's not public. 

Gabriel P Community Member

Started an account with upwork recently, and can't find my name in search. Just wanted to know if its a profile issue, a setting set to private issue, or something else. Thanks.

Bojan S Community Manager

Hi Ayda,

I checked your profile and it is set to Private. Feel free to update your profile visibility so your profile could be found in the Upwork marketplace and search engines.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Kloi C Community Member

My bad, I enabled Public now but still can't find it so is it ok if you check again?

Hi Ayda,

Yes, I was able to locate your account by searching your name.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Madhusudana V Community Member

Me too facing same issue, im not able to find my profile in search results. Can you please confirm?

Luiggi R Moderator

Hi Madhusudana,

I searched your profile by name with no additional filters and was able to locate it. Please note that results vary depending on the type of profile used to conduct the search, since a number of factors are taken into account. Clients may get different search results for the same keywords and filters than freelancers using the same parameters. In addition, freelancer profiles are regularly rotated in search results in order to give everybody a fair chance at being discovered by clients.

Thank  you, 

~ Luiggi
Caleb I Community Member

By Goran, I'm confused about how you search, cause I can't find mine either.😔 it's disheartening.

Hi Caleb,

Freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. I was able to locate your account by searching your name.

Thank you! 

~ Bojan
Upwork
Sunday N Community Member

Hi Bojan,

You guys are really doing a great job, I would like to know if you can find my profile in search, because I can't find mine.

Thanks alot

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Sunday,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I was able to find your profile, here is a screenshot for reference. As Bojan already shared, please know that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered.

~ Nikola
Geoffrey E Community Member

Hello Nikola,

I am having the same problem, I cant seem to find my profile when I search.

please check and see if you found it.

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Geoffrey,

Please know that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. I was able to locate your profile by name. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

~ Nikola
Abdul wahab k Community Member

Facing the same issue, have checked by keywords, niche, and even the name. I could not find even it in a google search. 

Santiago V Community Member

Hello, I'l having the same issue.

For me it seems to be related to the agency creation.

I used to pay premium account for freelancer and hand my earnings set to private. 

I then decided that premium account wasn't worth it and stop paying for the service.

I then changed my profile visibility to public and created an agency. (I have no longer control over earnings visibility, they are either blocked on private or they reversed to public for a free freelancer profile)

My profile is visible if you search for an agency. But if you chose to hire only freelancers I'm not visible.

(I created the agency and I'm "non-exclusive".)

Another thing that bothers me is that if you apply some filters on the freelancer/agency searched, those filters are taken account for the work I have done only in the Agency and not as a freelancer.

For example I have worked over 100 hours in the Agency and over 1000 hours as a freelancer.

If you filter a freelancer/agency with over 1000 hours I don't show up.

I think it has been almost 1 year since I encountered this problem but UPWORK say it's very weird and they are looking into it... 

**Edited for Community Guidelines**

Andrea G Community Manager

Hi Santiago,

I can see you were able to submit a support ticket with our team regarding this. Please allow some time for our team to review and they will update you directly via ticket as soon as possible.

~Andrea
Mubeen R Community Member

Hello Santiago, I set my visibility to the public but I can't find my profile in search results. Please help me.

Muhammad Usman B Community Member

Just now I noticed that my Upwork Profile is not showing when I search at Freenlancer Search with my name, also the most important thing I noticed my Upwork Profile URL is not at all indexed at Google.

I've checked my Upwork Profile settings and profile visibility is marked as "Public" Screenshot here 
Screenshot by Lightshot (prnt.sc)

Here's my Upwork Profile link 
Freelancer Profile (upwork.com)

I am very much concerned on why Upwork is not allowing my profile to get indexed at Google or is there any setting which I need change from my end.

Would highly appreciate if anyone can suggest me with a solution or reason why Upwork profile is not showing at Upwork Freelancer search and also at Google.

Thanks in advance!

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Muhammad,

Please know that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. I was able to locate your profile by name. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

Could you please provide more information about the issue you experience with your profile URL? I checked and it looks like there are no issues on our end. If possible please share a screenshot from your end so that we can better assist you. 

~ Nikola
Tina L Community Member

Hi,

I am a new freelancer on Upwork and I have created my profile, but it seem that my profile can not appear in the search result, may I have an idea how could I have the view data of my profile on Upwork?

Thanks

Nikola S Moderator

Hi Tina,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I would like to clarify that freelancers in search results are shown on a rotating basis so that everyone gets a fair chance to be discovered. I was able to locate your profile by name. Here is a screenshot for reference. 

~ Nikola
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members