🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile photo circle border
Page options
umair0789
Community Member

Profile photo circle border

Hello Everyone,

I just want to ask you one thing I have uploaded a file photo to my account But I have seen pictures of different freelancers They have a border on the circle outside the profile photo Can you tell me how I can put it outside of the profile photo Because we can't do that in Photoshop Obviously, there will be a function in this Which we can put outside our picture. You can see the attached photos in the file   On which is a circle of yellow color. 

Please see the   attached

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
PradeepH

Hello Umair,

Upwork does not have any feature that will allow you to add a border to your profile photo. This is something that appears to be added to the picture by some freelancers before they upload it. 

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
PradeepH

Hello Umair,

Upwork does not have any feature that will allow you to add a border to your profile photo. This is something that appears to be added to the picture by some freelancers before they upload it. 

Thank you.

Pradeep H

Upwork
deardipu
Community Member

Dear,

I would like to know the following things, please. 

Will it affect my profile negatively? Because photo alteration may not be allowed. What if I do this green/yellow circular border on my picture by Photoshop and then I upload it. Because this border will help me to get attention from clients instantaneously.

Thanks 

Hi Md Nazmul,

I would like to clarify that Upwork’s Terms of Use require that you accurately represent yourself. This includes having a profile picture that looks like you. Your photo should have clear lighting and a simple background, and focus on your face. 

Including a profile picture that does not accurately represent you in line with this policy is a violation of the Terms of Service and can result in warnings, holds, and/or account suspension. Users who violate the Terms of Service, including this policy, can fully lose the ability to use the Upwork platform.

I would like to suggest to you to check this help article to find more information about profile photo. Also on this page, you can find tips for choosing a great profile photo.

~ Nikola
Upwork
petra_r
Community Member

Md Nazmul Hasan D wrote:

What if I do this green/yellow circular border on my picture by Photoshop and then I upload it. Because this border will help me to get attention from clients instantaneously.

That is absolutely fine, as long as the photo shows you, but I very much doubt it makes any difference to whether a client hires you or not.

Nikola S wrote:

Including a profile picture that does not accurately represent you in line with this policy is a violation of the Terms of Service and can result in warnings, holds, and/or account suspension. Users who violate the Terms of Service, including this policy.

Nikola, Md Nazmul wasn't suggesting anything of the sort! He was asking about simply adding a border, which is completely allowed and which is done by countless freelancers! Threatening account suspension is, at best, a little extreme, wouldn't you say?

3a49d474
Community Member

I uploaded a photo(With a circular border) to the profile photo. I just want to know whether it is against ToS.

Hi Nirmal,

To comply with our Terms of Service your profile must represent you as an individual and all the information in your profile including your profile photo needs to be accurate, truthful, and verifiable. If it doesn't interfere with this, it is not against the TOS! Please check this help article for more information about profile pictures and visit our blog for more tips on choosing an awesome profile photo.

~Andrea
Upwork
Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members