🐈 Community
aniltm

Profile photo uploads sideways!

I´ve been trying to upload a profile photo and it always shows sideways with my chin pointing to the right. I´ve tried using different photos but the result is always the same and I get a script that says my face cant be recognized!

18 REPLIES 18
katrinabeaver

Okay I'm no professional at this but I guess it's worth a try. Take your original photo, edit it and rotate it to the right one quarter turn. Save it and try uploading that one.  

Disclaimer: I'm not an expert, but hey try anything. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

Thanks but I already tried that and it doesnt work!

Sorry about that.  Maybe a mod will jump in pretty quick and help you out or you could lodge a support ticket but it is the weekend so you probably won't get a quick answer. 

"Fairness is giving all people the treatment they earn and deserve. It doesn't mean treating everyone alike-Coach John Wooden"

OK! Its fine now finally!

Anil can you tell me what you did to get it to work?  I'm having the same problem!  Thank you!

Hi Jade,

You need to strip the meta data from the image, as that is what's forcing you sideways, so to speak 😉

Here is how 🙂

I'm also only getting sidways loading.  I've tried multiple images of only my face and neck. Between fighting with the confirmation email and the photo upload challenge, this is quite the unsatisfying adventure.

Hi Nicole,

A member of our team will reach out to you directly to further assist you with your pofile photo.

I am having the same issue... is there anyone who can help me please? I even tried saving the picture at a different angle. Thank you.

Hi Sumaiya,

Your picture may have been taken using a smartphone and has orientation metadata attached to it that prevents it from being uploaded correctly. Petra shared a good guide on how to fix it earlier on this thread:

@Petra R. wrote:

Hi Jade,

You need to strip the meta data from the image, as that is what's forcing you sideways, so to speak Smiley Wink

Here is how Smiley Happy

~ Valeria
Upwork

Thanks Valeria! I read the post, but missed the link the first time around. 

For some reason, stripping the image didn't work for me either?? Anyway, i eventually decided to take a screenshot and crop my face in Paint. Worked like a charm.

My photo continues to upload sideways. I have tried stripping the meta data on the photo as well creating a copy with the properties removed as recommended in the link.  I have tried manually saving the photo turned and then uploading...that was not successful. I also tried using different photos, but the same problem exists.

The worse part is it doesn't give you an option to save so you can come back to it another time so the process is stalled pending assistance with this on a Saturday night. Very frustrating.

Please advise. Thank you.

Hi Rochelle,

I have checked from one of our team however, we cannot upload it manually with the correct orientation. Please check helpful links to correctly position photos that are sideways.

https://www.lifewire.com/why-is-my-picture-turned-sideways-1701398

https://www.etsy.com/teams/7718/questions/discuss/12058925/

~ Jo-An

Untitled

I am having the exact same issue, stripping metadata seems to do nothing. I am getting frustrated now. 

I've tried 2 different photos, rotated them every way and they will appear in every direction except the correct one. Tried both Microsoft Edge and Chrome browser. Cleared cache. Pic is still rotated. Anything else I can try?

Hi Aime,

Could you please clear your cache and cookies or log in with another browser to check if you`re still experiencing the same issue? Let us know if the issue persists. Thank you.

~ Bojan
Upwork

Hello, I did get it to post after editing in the same system as the picture
was taken and using the Upwork app.

Thank you!
aocumen
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Aime, 

I checked your account and it looks like you were already able to upload a profile photo. Let us know if you need further help, and we do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. 

~ Avery
Upwork