🐈
» Forums » Freelancers » Profile photos
Page options
lahiruudara
Community Member

Profile photos

Hello..

I'm in other freelancers sites as well. Can I use my profile photos to the other sithe samples as well?

For Ex: I'm a logo designer. Can I use my logo samples which I use in UPWORK profile into the other freelancer sites?

Thank you

ACCEPTED SOLUTION
prestonhunter
Community Member

Question: Can I use my personal profile photo on another website?

Answer: Yes. Upwork does not prohibit you from doing so.

However: I would not do so.

Because somebody at Upwork may do a check of your profile photo using Google image search. If they see your photo on other sites, and if they do not take the time to carefully look at those sites (which would show them that those pages are associated with you as well), then they migh incorrectly think that your photo was "copied from the Internet."

So I recommend that Upwork freelancers use a unique photo for their Upwork profile page.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
jr-translation
Community Member

Lahiru Udara M wrote:

Hello..

I'm in other freelancers sites as well. Can I use my profile photos to the other sithe samples as well?

For Ex: I'm a logo designer. Can I use my logo samples which I use in UPWORK profile into the other freelancer sites?

Thank you

Only if you own them or have the written consent by the owner.

prestonhunter
Community Member

Question: Can I use my personal profile photo on another website?

Answer: Yes. Upwork does not prohibit you from doing so.

However: I would not do so.

Because somebody at Upwork may do a check of your profile photo using Google image search. If they see your photo on other sites, and if they do not take the time to carefully look at those sites (which would show them that those pages are associated with you as well), then they migh incorrectly think that your photo was "copied from the Internet."

So I recommend that Upwork freelancers use a unique photo for their Upwork profile page.

If I use like that, Will the UPWORK admins banned my account?

Thank you

re: "If I use like that, Will the UPWORK admins banned my account?"

If you use a properly formatted photo of yourself, then Upwork will NOT ban your account due to a profile photo problem.

And if the photo is unique, then nobody will do an image search of the photo and accidentally conclude it was copied from somewhere else. It will look like a real photo of you. If you are ever asked to go through an identity verification process, such as Government ID Card Verification, or Video Interview, then your profile photo will match what Upwork's checkers see, and you will be fine.

I mean profile photo means "LOGO SAMPLE PHOTOS" not my photo.

Thank you

re: "I mean profile photo means 'LOGO SAMPLE PHOTOS' not my photo."

That is something completely different.

The correct phrase would be "portfolio pieces".

See Jennifer's answer above.

Thank you 

It means If relly I designed those (I am the owner) I can use it. Am I right?

Kindly

You are right.

You may put anything into your portfolio that you own.

If you created something on your own, and it was not created for a client, then it means you own it. You may put it into your portfolio.

Thank you

Last question.

Can I use those logo sample photos UPWORK, FIVERR, etc sites?

Thank you

re: "Can I use those logo sample photos UPWORK, FIVERR, etc sites?"

Yes.

Feel free to use your portfolio pieces on Upwork and also post them on as many other sites as you want to.

Latest Articles
Top Upvoted Members