Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile picture approval help

Highlighted
Waseem H Member Since: Oct 28, 2017
1 of 19

Hi UpWorkers,

To setup a UpWork profile will require a photo of yourself. I am assuming that a computer has an algorithm that identifies which profiles are approved and not approved based on certain criteria. I have no problem creating a profile but my wife has been looking forward working on UpWork but has run into issues. My wife wears a face cover "niqab" and was not approved when she was trying to setup a profile. Maybe an UpWork team member can manually approve her account based on these circumstances.

Second option if possible. If the account is set to private would this allow her face to be not seen in public but only to the interested client?

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
BEST ANSWER
2 of 19

Hi Waseem, 

A niqab is allowed for a user's profile image, but your wife may be required to do further ID verification. You can ask her to reach out to us directly via our support channels, or through the community so that we can assist her. 

-Avery
Untitled

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Waseem H Member Since: Oct 28, 2017
3 of 19

Thanks for your reply Avery,

I'll ask her to post a question here to get the matter resloved.

Highlighted
Community Guru
Pandora H Member Since: May 11, 2010
4 of 19

@Waseem H wrote:

Thanks for your reply Avery,

I'll ask her to post a question here to get the matter resloved.

per Avery's "support channels" reply, that URL (to communicate to Customer Service DIRECTLY): 

https://support.upwork.com

Highlighted
Avery O Moderator Member Since: Nov 23, 2015
5 of 19

Thanks for sharing the link, Pandora!

If users are unable to reach out to us via the support page, or the Community page, they may also try reaching out to us via our social media channels where our Support Team will assist them. 

-Avery
Untitled
Highlighted
Areeba S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
6 of 19

Hi, I am a niqabi and I am facing issues in profile picture upload. Can any female representative help me get through ID verification?

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
7 of 19

Hi Areeba, 

Sorry to hear of the trouble you had. Can you please clear your cache and cookies and try a different browser? Also, kindly choose a clear photo that is showing your face and resize the image to 300x300. If you still have issues uploading your profile photo, please let us know. Thank you!

-Joanne
Untitled
Highlighted
Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
8 of 19

Joanne Marie P wrote: Can you please clear your cache and cookies and try a different browser? Also, kindly choose a clear photo that is showing your face and resize the image to 300x300.

How is any of this remotely relevant to someone who wears a niqāb and hence can not publish "a clear photo that is showing your face?" How would clearing the cache help?

Seriously...

Highlighted
Areeba S Member Since: Feb 10, 2018
9 of 19

Hi Joanne, 

I have the same issue as this guy's wife. And the reply Avery gave it to him is the solution I am seeking.

Kindly read through and resolve the issue. Thank you.

https://community.upwork.com/t5/Freelancers/Profile-picture-approval-help/m-p/428749/highlight/false...

Highlighted
Joanne Marie P Moderator Member Since: Nov 26, 2017
10 of 19

Hi Areeba,

Thank you for further clarifying and I do apologize for my misunderstanding. I checked with our team and was advised that you can upload your profile picture wearing your niqab since this is allowed.

If in any case you will be required for additional documents for ID verification, you will be notified requesting for additional information. Let us know if you need further assistance uploding your profile picture. We are here to help.

-Joanne
Untitled
TOP SOLUTION AUTHORS
TOP KUDOED MEMBERS