cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Profile problem still not fixed (2 months ongoing)

Marko R Member Since: Oct 26, 2018
1 of 7

I have made posts about this before and I am making another one, simply because Upwork staff is not taking my problem seriousy and I feel I have no choice but to be vocal about it until someone decides to fix my issue. I am a video editor, when I try to link videos on my profile to jobs they are associated with, the feature DOES NOT WORK, my videos don't show, it's just a blank box where the video should be. I need this fixed asap as I am unable to showcase my work on my own profile properly, I don't feel a need to explain how showing videos to my clients as a video editor is important, this is hurting the strenght of my profile and thus my ability to land new jobs.

Here is a timeline of events:

- I reported the issue some 2 months ago when it started

- Upwork staff member responded saying they were ABLE to replicate the issue and are going to notify tech support about it

- Tech support contacted me saying they are looking into the issue

- Around a month ago tech support contacted me again asking if the issue was fixed?! Did they expect the issue would go away by itself?!

- Tech support contacted me saying they were NOT ABLE to replicate the issue!!!!!! I suggested they contact the previous Upwork staff member who was ABLE to replicate the issue and even gave them his name

- Tech support says they are working on the issue

All of this looks amateurish and irresponsible, even shows the inability of Upwork staff to communicate with each other when working on fixing an issue for their users, one person tells me they replicated the problem and are working on it, then a month later another person contacts me to see if the problem is still there and tells me they are unable to replicate the issue, which one is it?

I am of course expecting another generic pr response like I have gotten in the past "Sorry for your bad experience, tech support will contact you etc.". This is simply not acceptable anymore, can you please get it together and fix my profile problem this time?!

Community Guru
Tonya P Member Since: Nov 26, 2015
2 of 7

Dude, your videos are working. 

https://cl.ly/b09296e51df9

Community Guru
Petra R Member Since: Aug 3, 2011
3 of 7

Working for me too.

4 of 7

Petra did you read my post? Did you see the part where it is clearly written "when I try to link videos on my profile to jobs they are associated with, the feature DOES NOT WORK". Did you click on the screenshots? Thank you for your response, but it is hardly helpful, in fact it is hurtful to my effort as you make it sound like I don't even have an issue.

Goran V Moderator Member Since: Mar 24, 2017
5 of 7

Hi Marko,

I`m sorry about the delay with this and just to confirm that our engineering team is investigating the problem with your videos.
One of our team members will update your ticket as soon as possible with more details and assist you further if it's needed. Thank you.

Untitled
6 of 7

Scroll up to where the videos are displayed in the contracts box, as shown in the screenshots. I wrote "videos associated with contracts" very clearly. Please don't downplay this as user incompetence, I have tried using multiple browsers, logged in from different comupters, even asked people to view my profile and they all reported the same issue.

Community Guru
Isabelle Anne A Member Since: May 19, 2014
BEST ANSWER
7 of 7

I have no advice ... but want to let you know what you're in for.

I had a somewhat similar profile bug a while ago -- I was unable to link portfolio pieces with past jobs.

Upwork took nearly TWO YEARS to resolve the issue. I had to continually nag them about it, and when it did eventually get fixed, no one notified me. In fact, I'm not sure whether somebody actually fixed it; it may have resolved on its own when other bugs popped up.

Hopefully, it won't take as long to get your issue solved, but just know that they don't take isolated issues very seriously -- in fact, it was made clear to me that because I was the only one reporting my bug, it wasn't a priority for the team (even though it affected my ability to attract clients).

TOP KUDOED MEMBERS